Ladies, is eating a lot a turn off?

Okay I can eat a lot. Like a lot. I eat for 2 people and it's totally fine with me. I'll kill that pizza by myself. I'll order 2 burgers and 2 fries. I put it all down and I put it away. Of course, I don't pig out like a madman, I just eat, a lot.

Huge turn off?

• Yes turn off
  • Other
  • Not a turn off
New example: I go to In-N-Out Burger, here's my meal:

2 4x4s (4 meat 4 cheese)
3 fries
extra lettuce

just curious.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 70

• Not eating the right foods 90% of the time and not taking care of your body (exercise) is what the turn off is.

Who cares how much you eat as long as you are maintaining a healthy weight and are fueling your body with nutritious foods the majority of the time?

Laziness, lack of self-respect and lack of motivation are the turn offs.

• It's definitely not a turnoff. If anything, it's a turn on because I eat so much as well. I constantly feel like a ravenous beast who can never settle it's appetite.

img.buzzfeed.com/.../...buzz-8559-1340644787-2.gif

You're extremely fit as well, so it's no surprise that you constantly eat. I'm sure you burn way more calories than the ones you put on, so it's essential that you replenish yourself. If you were obese, it'd be another story because you'd be speeding up some major health issues.

You definitely seem dedicated to working out and maintaining a healthy body, so there's honestly no reason for you to ever doubt yourself when it comes to food. You deserve some cake!
    rack.3.mshcdn.com/.../himym-cake.jpg

But man, if we met up, we could totally have a food party and just chow down like wild animals.

rack.3.mshcdn.com/.../shrek.jpg

by the way, is that you in your profile picture?
    38.media.tumblr.com/.../...e_nkn8erzUZD1rv0hjy.gif

• chow down like wild animals eh, I'll bring the meat, you bring the good side dishes :P yep thats me lol. i love that gif of Zooey

• i had lamb before and it was so oily!

• Probably the person who cooked it. Lamb is x10 better than steak

• It isn't a turn off considering you are in really great shape ;)

I bought you some Fish n Chips

www.mweb.co.za/.../MediaHandler.ashx

• It's only a turn off if you're fat, to be completely honest. A fat person in the process of becoming more fat is not a pretty sight.

If you're in good shape and need extra food because you workout daily to build muscle (as your profile pic suggests), it's not a bad thing and is kinda expected. Just don't skip leg day.😛

A work colleague of mine constantly eats garbage and lots of it, then bitches about being fat. Another guy I know eats for 4 and his gut is gargantuan! And he bitched about being fat too. Pretty annoying listening to their "woes".

• I didn't really think about it like that, cause a long time ago this one girl just said to me out of the blue, "you like to eat huh", in like a snarky tone. she was the "princess" type. so that made me think girls associate bad things with big quantities of food lol.

wow that would get pretty annoying, and quick. just complaining about the obvious and not doing anything about it.

• Sometimes it can even be quite impressive for a very scrawny person to down multiple meals at a time.

Personally, it's a turn off if one is a sloppy eater, chewing loudly with the mouth open, making loud chomping sounds, slurping n shit. I'm sure you wouldn't find it appealing either, lol.

• I agree with you there, slob mode ain't very nice to be around lol.

• Well it's not a turn off to eat a lot, but eating a lot of shit is a turn off.

• I just think, "he's a real man who eats like a real man". Men need more energy I believe. I like to get him food and fill him up as a way to show affection. It's not a turn off at all, unless you eat your food disgustingly.

• that was a nice way of putting it :D

• I have no doubt that you're an awesome girl. What guy wouldn't wanna be with you. *thumbs up*

• Aww, sweet. :3

• Not at all. I actually expect guys to eat a lot based off the men in my life alone.

• No, because if I feel like being a fatty you can't judge me now so eat up baby.

• "extra lettuce"
    I don't know why I laughed so hard at this.

Guys that don't eat are the ones that put me off. Like, if we go out and he's not eating, I'll just sit there feeling like a fatass and I won't wanna go places with him anymore. Also I like making food so if he doesn't like food then I don't like him. 🍕🍔🍖🍗🍙🍟🍚🍜🍡🍤🍳🍶🍍

• lettuce is one of my all time favorite vegetables, fresh lettuce lol. how can a guy NOT eat while on a date? that just makes the entire meal awkward lol. you sound awesome.

• Its happened once. He just sat there and picked at his food which would've been fine if he wasn't trying to rush me so we could leave.
      I was pretty much raised with a mindset of if you can make good food and keep a guy fed, he won't need to go out and eat and risk finding other temptations. Or something like that. I wonder how legit that is.

• i haven't heard of that mindset before, but it sounds good, it looks like it can go both ways lol.

• Wow, you do eat a lot! But that is totally ok, you'll probably need to get a second job just to pay for all the food you eat ;) ... but you know, even though you're not overweight, you can still get clogged arteries and diseases like that. Stay healthy

• well I don't eat like that everyday, I save most of my money buying food in bulk and cooking it at home over the weekdays, and then like on the weekends I'll go out and enjoy some bad decisions in life lol. Yes you're absolutely right, it can lead to all of those negative health effects you mentioned, I will take care :)

• I'm jelly we don't have In and Out😯 but I mean you're a man... you're expected to eat a lot, it's definitely not a turn off. Who told u this? dump them😂😂

• really you don't? damn its so good. ain't no one I gotta dump right now hahaa.

• Oh ok that would be petty af if so lol. No we don't... hell I just discovered Sonic's and Culvers. I think we just got a Carl Hardee Jr's, but that's nowhere near the city it's far out. Oh ok good mwahahaa remember I'm watching son...
      @victorianne you bring the fish & chip's and I'll make you some Creole/Haitian food.. show you how we get downnnn baby girl. Hope u have room for dessert as well, beautiful!

• Yesss i love desert. I always have room for dessert haha

• It's not a turn off because I eat a lot also... Just not to that extent but it can be if let's say I'm sitting right there and like you said "you're killing the pizza by yourself"... Now that can be a turn off -_-

• nah i dont find it a turn off if u can still move and be somewhat active.

• No, a guy eating a lot is kind of normal in my opinion. Lol It doesn't turn me off.

• so many new opinion notifications I missed the first time around lol.

and thats good to know Bee :)

• Eating a lot isn't a turn off, as long as you eat healthy and have a balanced diet. Which that is not... lol.

• Yummy! My type <3 lol Although I got watch my diet now ): I am too fat ):

• if you're fit, I don't give a damn about how much you can eat.

pizza, burgers, fries and fit don't come together tho.

• thats like the perfect life :P lol

• @redeyemindtricks oh yeah, but eating pizza all the time and all kinds of crap guarantees bad fats

• My boyfriend eats a lot, but I don't think he eats enough. So I cook a lot for him and make him eat (he loves eating he just doesn't have the time to make himself food) so, no. It's not a turnoff.

• It'd be a turn off if you chewed with your mouth open or something. Lol Otherwise, I can't imagine being bothered by a big eater, I eat a lot too, considering how tiny I am.

• Yes Bertie, how dare you - someone who otherwise eats healthy and takes care of his body - indulge in two cheeseburgers. Total turn off.

I can't believe it 😷 So gross

😜😜

• damit 3rd opinion that I didn't get a notification for! me so sorry :(

hahaa i never grow tired of you :)

• oh i was wondering, I was worried I accidentally offended you despite my ;p smiley faces at the end lol

• you could never do that, you're pretty awesome, in both of the ways that phrase can express.

• Tbh its cute to me, but consistently eating junk is a turn off. But I don't know why I just find it cute when a guy has a big appetite especially if I cook for him.

And I can't judge- I eat a lot for my little size

• you cook = <3. yeah eating junk food everyday is no bueno. tbh, its cute how much you eat for your little size lol.

• Nope but the way you eat matters ;)

• Nope. Only if you eat super unhealthy all the time. Amount of food isn't the issue.

• Agreed, making bad food choices everyday isn't good. fortunately this is me on the weekends only.

• Totally not. Eating a lot is not a turn off. Manners are much more important. Like if you eat the burger and the salad drops on your lap, the sauce oozes onto your fingers and I can hear you chewing, that would be a turnoff ;)

• oh yeah manners are important! I don't eat like a slob, if something falls I clean it up, and continue eating :) I never get anything on my fingers though, its quite fascinating lol.

• Then you're all good ! :)

• Not at all. I kind of expect guys to eat a bit more. And plus I know that you're a gym gymrat so you aren't just eating and not being active. Annnd, now I won't have to be shy about finishing. you cheesesteak on the Rocky steps! 😜

• Finally, an excuse to order a pizza just for myself!

• yes! yes!!! lol

• Vegan cheese still taste good. I've had vegan cupcakes, best cupcakes I've ever eaten.

• I rather like vegan cheese. I like it almost as much as I like real cheese.

• It's actually cute , if you're not obese and fat that is haha :P

• Guys, is eating a lot a turn-off?

😐😜

• No, it's not a turn off.

• another opinion missed, this system is disappointing me.

you're an awesome cook ya know. :P

• You mean vegan burrito >:D

• gdi, why didn't I know better lol. oh chet, totally reminds me, gotta check mah inbox >:D

• well I eat a lot for my size too so it is all good :P
    and I like variety... so you d see me order garlic bread then crepe then a cocktail xD

• More from Girls
    40

What Guys Said 12

• Awwww, who doesn't love Adam Richman?

travelchannel.sndimg.com/.../...tccom.511.384.jpeg

Even if he has to avoid eating the day before a challenge and work out twice a day while filming to avoid becoming El Bloato.

I used to eat like that, dude. A whole large pizza. Two Big Macs plus fries. Footlong from Subway. Plus insane amounts of beer.

I can still do it, but not very often. For some folks, as you near 30, your body is less able to cope with a vast intake of garbage and still stay thin. Plus, you likely end up with a sedentary job so all that yummy stuff goes right into your stomach and before you know it, you have a meat apron.

I eat a TON less than I used to. If I were to do that double Big Mac thing now, I wouldn't need to eat much if anything for dinner. I'm used to eating less. I've also lost a lot of body fat and am in arguably the best shape of my life.

Some girls are into big guys. I don't think being such a guy would suit me, so I've decided to be a slim guy.

• damn that meal in the pic is all me :P you sounded like a champ with your food back in the day lol. but still, I'm glad you found your balance and are happy with the way things are now.

• I ate 3,800 calories yesterday. U mad bro?

• lol just hit In-And-Out today, after a solid K1 speed sesh in SJ
    ANIMAL STYLIN' X2
    with shake and no tomatoes in that shake
    What a legend, anyways I have always been told that some girls even dig this, like if they cook they shouldn't worry about it going to waste or somethin

• Oh goodness Bert... your catering budget must be large!
    Guys live through their stomach, give me a good portion of French fries and I'll also eat piles of them :D 8)

• your examples don't sound like it's that much.

but as long as you stay in shape most girls probably don't mind

• i realize i rushed this question lol. i should have been a bit more detailed hahaa.

• I think its only a turn off to girls if all you are doing is eating on the date. But if you are paying attention to her and eating, it shouldn't bother them.

• thats a truth, can't put 100% focus on just the food, gotta talk to her and have a good time as well.

• No women like a man who can pig out especially from the food misses wifey made. God created wives

• This q reminds me of puberty all that food I would eat #ManPortions

• It'd probably only matter if you were a messy eater or you gained a lot of weight from it.

• that makes sense. I just wonder if someone would find it annoying to hang around a big eat in the long run lol

• No I don't think so

• Train like a man, eat like a man.

• I don't think it is. Skipping leg-day might be though.