I'm thinking about packing my bags and move away but I don't dare to?

Since I have finished school now I was thinking about packing my bags and move to another city across the country which has been my dream for a long time. I have relatives over there so I won't be too alone but I'm super scared! I'm not sure about doing it. My tiny hometown is my comfort zone with my childhood friends, some of them has moved too.. I do the same thing everyday, I see the same things everyday. It's always the same. I want something new but I am so scared. Do you have any experience about this? I can't make up my mind. I have lived at the same place for twenty years I feel like it's time for a change which means letting go.

Most Helpful Guy

• If by finished school you mean High School, then you do not have much to go on as far as getting a job, so putting yourself in a new city without a good amount of money could hurt you badly.

If you have finished college, then you still have to get a job, but it should be somewhat easier to get a good paying job.

Either way, you can also consider the military. If you have the college degree, you can be an officer. But in either case you will get experience at ordering your life, adjusting to new situations, and learn new things that will help you after you get out, all while having the safety net of money coming in and a place to live and eat.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you have relatives there, maybe ask if you can stay with them for a bit (like an extended visit) to see if you like the city and really want to move there. It won't be scary because you'll know that it's just a temporary visit and you can always go back home. And then you can take some time to make up your mind!

• That is great advice! I have done it not so long ago and as always I'm in love with the city but I don't have any friends over there. It get boring and lonely but I suppose if I get a job I will be able to make friends.

What Guys Said 5

• I know it's scary to move on to something new, but sometimes it's for the best. And like you said, you have relatives living nearby. So, you won't be entirely alone.

• Join the Marines they will organize your life

• Do it! Even if you wind up hating it and move back to your home town, at least you won't spend the rest of your life asking yourself, "what if?"

• Only one way you'll find out

• Do it NOW while you're young, have no commitments or responsibilities. You can always go home again.

I wanted to move many years ago. I didn't because I had a good job & wasn't finding anything nearly as good where I wanted to go. I had to wait until I had my 30 years. of service & moved. I'd like to move again to experience another part of the country BUT my girlfriend doesn't want to. That's OK I really like it here. So I vacation there often.

We are all afraid of the unknown. All you know is "your tiny town" which understandably is a comfort zone. Believe me go now as one day you won't be able to because of a lot of reasons. What are you giving up? One day you'll be a wife &/or mother & that dream may never be fulfilled.

• You are absolutely right! Thank you for your advice it made me more motivated. I'm just scared that I will be lonely since I don't have any friends over there. My only shot is to make friends at work..

• You will make friends at work! Don't compare new friend "A" to old friend "B" You'll be surprised how much you have in common with someone even someone 10+ years older then you. You'll meet their friends whom have friends & before you know it you'll have a lot of friends.
      You may think their old BUT remember their not your mother or Aunt & act that part.

What Girls Said 1

• I've moved three times in my life, and here's what I think - first, if you're going to move alone you either need to be a confident person with enough self esteem to find a comfort zone of friends right away, or you need to be brave enough to make a friend like that ASAP, so that you can follow them around and find a comfort zone within the first month. If you're an introvert, I wouldn't recommend moving away from your hometown. Unless if you're going to travel the world or something. But if you're just moving and you're doing it alone, you should be a semi social person, or you're going to find yourself very lonely and very unhappy.