Do you like tofu?

I love it :)

Do you like tofu?

• Yes
  • Only in a select few dishes
  • No
  • Haven't tried it yet

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, Yes, YESSSS
    Can't wait to have redbowl soon.

I recently tried it at this Asian restaurant down here.
    Huge fried cubes drizzled with teriyaki sauce, served on shredded carrots.

What Guys Said 21

• There's two types of tofu in my opinion. On the one hand, there's what I call "real tofu". It's the natural, white tofu that you find in many Asian dishes, for example as little cubes in a good Miso soup (in fact, I just cooked homemade Miso soup today for dinner ;-)). You can find this tofu in any decent Asian market or Japanese/Korean store. That's the kind of tofu I love.
    On the other hand, there's the crap that health-conscious westerners love to shape into sausages and meatballs, in an embarrassingly desperate attempt to live a vegetarian life while consuming stuff that still looks like meat. That's the kind of tofu I hate. See, I'm western European myself but having a Korean girlfriend, I've come to understand that there is something Europeans and Americans don't get about tofu. Tofu is NOT a substitute. The point of tofu is not to smoke it and squeeze it through some kind of machine so it ends up looking like a salami or a Vienna schnitzel. If you want to eat something that looks like a Salami or a schnitzel or a burger patty, just eat the real thing. Tofu is more than just the weird guy that comes in to teach math if the real teacher is sick. It's a full ingredient and it deserves it's spot among other natural ingredients. Asian cuisine understands this. Japanese people don't put tofu into Miso soup because they secretly fancy meatballs in there but they're too politically correct or health-conscious and so they toss in some tofu. They've got it in there because they believe it actually taste good by itself (my girlfriend sometimes snacks on raw tofu with kimchi). This is why I only eat Asian style tofu dishes. I like tofu a lot but I want to appreciate it as a real food. I don't want to eat it just so I can prove to everyone how healthy or animal-loving I am.

• Haven't tried it yet and I have no idea if I want to taste it.

• Compared to sawdust it's a close second!

• i like it under the right circumstances like it's seasoned well and in a good dish... for example i love chili with tofu

• I haven't tried it. I've been told that it doesn't exactly taste great. But that doesn't mean I'll take their word for it.

• I've had it in miso, where it isn't being doctored up too much, and it tastes great. That being said, it is best when soaking in the flavors you want it too. And it tastes great fried crispy in little cubes and then put in a flavorful sauce, like sesame or spicy orange sauce.

• miso soup*

• Okay. I've never heard of that.

• The one time I tried it it sucked, but I think that was only due to the way it was prepared.

• It depends on how it's made and what kind of tofu.
    www.recipelover.com/recipe_images/2504_1_large.jpg
    Salt and pepper regular tofu! <3
    3.bp.blogspot.com/.../specialtofu.png
    Fried egg tofu is one of my favorites! It's amazing!!!

• Only in some things. Other things not so much

• B, it needs some added taste because I find it too bland on its own but I like the texture of tofu.

• A, Tried them and like them.

• I have no idea what that is lol.

• It looks good but I've barely been exposed to it.

• I enjoy watching vegans run away when i make animal noises... Mmmmm spam

• I've never tried it! It's not something that's particularly popular here in the UK though so I don't think most people here have tried it. Now that im intrigued, can you explain how it tastes to me?

• It honestly takes up the flavor of whatever you put it in very well. But, in a good batter, it tastes delicious simply fried.

• Is it a meat alternative I'm assuming? I must give it a try.. what would you suggest for a first time trier of it? Fried sesame and mandarin sounds quite appealing tbf.

• It wasn't originally used as a meat alternative, tofu has been eaten more centuries (maybe even thousands of years) it's not a recent fad food. It can be used as filler for veggie meats, but it's much better by itself in my opinion. Hmmm if you have a good Asian restaurant or a good redbowl, I say ask them for a fried tofu dish (the cubes, not the triangles *those aren't the best imo*) the sesame is great. Here's what I like best, spicy tangerine (not mandarin, my bad) tofu. It's so good.

• of course. we Asians love them.

• I love meat

• I've only ever had it in miso soup, but it was fine.

• I'm kinda neutral about it

• Fuk no taste like shit

• no... i eat real food

• How have I been surviving on this false food :'C
      but really, lighten up :)

• I never understood how Asians eat all those shit... I've tried once and never gonna try again...

• lol, but I'm not Asian and I like it. It's really popular now. If it's bad the first time, it can ruin it. There is good tofu and bad tofu, like ribs (dry vs succulent)

What Girls Said 10