Are you a small town, country or big city boy/girl?

I've lived in all 3. I currently live in a very country area near a small town. I don't like it :( my ideal is to live in a cute, cozy, affluent small town (without small town mentality) near a big city that I can drive to occasionally. Tho I would hate actually to live in the city, too much noise and stress.

Wbu? Where do you feel most at home?

• Just a small town girl (or boy) livin in a looonely wooorld
  • Country roaaads take me hooome
  • Bright lights, big city

Most Helpful Guy

• It's actually kinda hard to tell because the standards in my country are quite different. Because Switzerland is a very small country, we don't have the type of metropoles that exist in the US for instance. The town that I live in is one of the largest cities in my country (6th largest to be exact) but with a "mere" 100,000 residents, it's only a small town for American standards (the largest city in my country has about 400,000 residents). I love the size of my city. It's the perfect mix between actual metropole and total countryside. We have everything we need. In fact, my city is known as the "cultural center" of Switzerland. Relative to its size, my town has lots of cafés, bars, restaurants, night clubs, theaters, a concert hall, cinemas etc.. But at the same time, it's also a very quiet and peaceful city. Cars are not as important/popular here in Europe as they are in the US. Instead, we like public transport, walking and riding bikes. We have one of the densest and best public transport systems in the world here in Switzerland and my town in particular has excellent bikes lanes on practically every street. Even main roads are quite small (they hardly ever have more than one lane in each direction) and so there are not a lot of cars. The city is actually quite big and vibrant but because most people take the bus or ride their bicycle when they go to school or to work or meet friends, the atmosphere feels very peaceful and the air quality is awesome.
    I've also lived in one of the largest metropoles on earth, Seoul in South Korea and I've also lived in San Francisco. Both experiences were great but I wouldn't want to live in such big cities for the rest of my life. What I hate about big metropoles in Asia or the US is that they're so car-obsessed. It almost feels like the cars are the masters of the city and the people are the slaves. You've got huge roads everywhere, the air quality is terrible, there's lots of noise... I love how in my city here in Switzerland, you get all the benefits of a big city but it almost feels like living out in the sticks in America because it's so green, quiet and peaceful.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 33

• I've lived in all three also. Very large city, small city, small town, blink your eye town, rural, and so far from civilization that there was no TV, radio or internet.

I think the ideal size for me would be a mid-sized town around 20-40K population.

If it was a choice between living in a large city or living in the middle of nowhere with no electricity or running water, I'd take the latter.

• I would rather live in the middle of nowhere. It is so much more peaceful, and normally you have greater freedom to do what you want on your property there.

• I am a small town rural/sticks kinda guy. I have a farm overlooking Lake Ontario with my horses, my dog, and my cat and I love sitting out at night and seeing all the stars that the city people can't see. I even still get the coyotes howling in the winter and spring time.

In the summer I ride down to the beach. I have my bunkie down by the lake and take my kayak out on the waves when it gets rough all the way into November/December.

I am only ten minutes from a nice town and 1 hour from Toronto. On occasion I like to get dressed up in the tux, have a nice dinner, and then go see the opera some weekends.

I love the country, and just like to visit the city to change things up!

• That sounds peaceful <3

• I love it, my place is my castle, I built a lot of it myself, lots of hard work over the years. I have a lot of friends that come from the city to stay and relax... they say it is like a resort hahaha... great :)

• My town is considered small where I live, we have just 50.000 people living here. I don't think I'd like to live in a place smaller than that.

• As much as I would like to say big cities are great, I can't. Too much chaos. My OCD kicks in with all the trash and degenerates walking around. I'm currently living in the suburbs, but the highly populated suburbs. There's only one thing I hate more than the thought of living in Big Cities, and that would be living deep in the sticks. I get that this world is what you make of it... and maybe those people enjoy that quiet lonely life, but I feel like you're missing out on SOOOOOOO much when you live out there. When you need to bring a cooler to the grocery store to keep your groceries cold until you get home... you know your life sucks. (Or maybe you dont, but everyone else does)

• I live in medium size city.

• I was born and raised in a small town, but I prefer the big city.

• small town. we ain't got shit to do. i don't like the city, but i need more shit than a 4 movie theater and a dinky ass bowling alley

• I live in a small town but would like to live closer to the city when I graduate.

• I've always lived in the suburbs, but I wouldn't mind living in the city. Country life isn't for me, too boring.

• I've lived in a big city and a town about 20 minutes outside of the city with about 30,000 residents so I don't think it's really a small town

• I love small towns. Country would be my second best option. I can't tolerate big cities for the love of me...

• Dang that song immediately popped into my head when I read this question

small town guy by the way

• Small town country boy, born and raised.

• I've lived in them all too, and where I live right now (Portsmouth NH) sounds like what you describe as your ideal, but honestly it's still too boring, I'm a city person I guess.

• I grew up in NYC so there's your answer. Lol.

• I live in a small village with 700 people... I like the nature, even small cities are too big for me

• Neither. I live in the county, suburbia.

• wow can't believe you used a Journey Song and a Bob Denver song.. :)
    epic!!

• Grew up in the 'burbs.

• I prefer to be in the city.

• I live in San Francisco, but I prefer a suburb thats really close to the big city.

• Ohh yes actually I love the burbs xD I would like to live in a suburb regardless. With all the pretty houses that look just the same

• It wasn't. I've had a lotta interesting for 21 and am ready for mellow <3

• Lot of interesting you sure had, makes mine seem boring.
      Mellow with my yellow! <3

• A small town.

• both... im a urban guy on the countryside,... life is intresting to me :D

• City boy 100%

• We've got only o one play thing... Cock n Pussy

• big city.

• I am living in a large city, but lonly with out a girl

• "Bright light city gonna set my soul
    Gonna set my soul on fire"

... Aaaahhh. I'm absolutely a big city boy. I would love to live in London, despite the extremist muslims ruining it

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 24

• I live in a small town, just on the outskirts of a city. It is very peaceful and quiet where i live. I work in the city centre so it is horrendous trying to get through the traffic every morning. I wouldn't like to live in a busy city. I am happy and content where i live :)

• I live in the sticks and it is absolutely wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbJ-xwZjL0Y

• I live in one of the biggest cities in Michigan and have lived here my whole life. But there are little farm cities that I have frequented throughout my childhood, that give a taste of small-town living. So I'm familiar with that as well.

You can really easily get a taste of all three in a span of like a 4 hour drive around here.

• I'm from the Big City, but I use to live in a small town when I was a kid and I still visit family there. Small town's and big cities are both nice! I could live in either I guess. I'm actually relocating at the end of this year down south and then to a big city once again. I'm very capricous lol

• I've lived in the city all my life, but I've never been really comfortable here. For some reason I feel like I would've fit in better in a small town. Ideally, I'd like to live in a suburbian are. On the outskirts of the city. Where I can still see the skyline and can still get there, but not apart of the everyday hustle and bustle that is city life.

• The "city" that I'm living in is a tiny backwater compared to where I'm from and I am going crazy. It's too small. My ex fiancé is dating the girl that fits my bra. That's too small a city.

• We live in a small-ish town but it's only about 30 minutes away from a big city so it's cool.

• I've always been a suburban girl and over all I've been satisfied but I'm giving city life a chance now.

• I live in a small farming town. It's about an hour south of Reno, Nevada. I like it here and my college is about fifteen minutes away but I am thinking about moving to a bigger college. Just so I can grow as a person, get space from my family, and make more independent decisions.

• I've lived in all 3 areas myself. I've moved all over the place from small town to country to city and back home to my home town. My home town is very historical, very beautiful and we get a lot of tourists. the closest city though is an hour away.

• I'm used to being in a small town, suburbs area.

• Raised country and wouldn't trade it for the world, but much prefer living in the city now.

• Big city for sure. I lived in a suburb and it was blah.

• big city, i would like rural country when i'm old and can't get up to people watch through the window anymore.

• I tried going to a college in a small town for a year, I was surprised by how much friendlier and chattier people are out in public compared to the city.

• I am a big city girl. But i sometimes crave that silence you get in a small town

• i've always been a city girl.
    cosmopolian life ♡

• I like living in a big city, more jobs, more opportunities, and more people. I like midsized cities.

• I'm a big city girl

• Really small town, he have like 350 - 400 person in my town so really tiny town

• I'm a small town girl but my heart loves the city

• Small town. I like it mostly.

• Really small town

• whatever my city is considered, (Roanoke, VA)