Do you believe that animals have souls?

Do you believe that animals have souls?
For christians or muslims, do you believe that animals go to heaven or not?
I do, but my parents tell me they don't, and i refuse to believe that because there are animals are even better than humans.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends what you define as a "soul". If by soul, you mean a religious concept, a thing that lives on after you die, then I believe nothing has a soul, neither humans nor animals.
    If by "soul" you mean a psyche, so basically the totality of your feelings, thoughts etc. (all the chemical reactions your brains produces) then yes, humans and animals have souls. However, there is a very big difference between humans and animals in that animals do not possess a consciousness. Human beings are the only species that have the ability to think and reflect upon themselves consciously and they are almost the only species on earth (with the exception of chimpanzees and dolphins) that possess a self-awareness (being able to see yourself in a mirror and realizing it's you).

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, wtf is a soul even? I don't believe in "souls". I believe in having a conscience, a moral compass, having compassion, being capable of critical thinking etc. But I don't believe every existing being has some kind of supernatural essence in their body that makes them "pure", or whatever a "soul" is.
    I believe animals can show compassion and intelligence. I don't believe anyone or any animal has a "soul".

What Guys Said 17

• Well I'm not sure actually I won't say they do or don't have souls since I am uncertain but I think it would be more fair to say they have spirits because animals do go to heaven when they die.

Because there was a guy who was dead for a few minutes on the operating table and he went to heaven and his dog that had died a while back was there waiting for him lol. And he saw him before he was resuscitated.

• All religions say they don't, aside from a few eastern religions such as buddhism. Since religion can be interpreted in different ways in a particular religion you can believe they either go to heaven or not.

• I don't believe souls exist.

• either all living creatures have souls or none... but I don't know what of those 2 is true

• I don't believe in souls.

I believe in brains

• Nothing has a soul, what do you mean by there are animals are even better than humans?

• i meant there some animals (good) that are better than some people (bad)

• animals don't really do good things or bad things consciously it's just nature to them.

• It's hard to say, sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't.

• The Catholic Church says no, but I disagree.

• yup every living thing has souls

• Some do but some don't

• Yes animals have souls and they would be judged in different way when judgement day comes

• I do but my family don't.

• Yes... look at a dog in his eyes n tel me he doesn't have a soul

• No, and neither do you...

• Did ya know there's a good chance for animals to be humans in their previous lives? Yet bad humans since they went from humans to just animals...

Whether ya like it or not humans are superior creatures... so more or less being reborn as an animal's like a punishment...

I can't say bugs or small fishes might have souls since they're lower creatures... but I believe mammals certainly have...

• No, there's no such thing as a "soul"

http://godisimaginary.com/

• In the holy scriptures of Abrahamic religions (Judaisn, christianity, islam), Animals don't have souls. People do. Can't accept? Tough but then again why believe in this fantasy of religion?

What Girls Said 11

• Well, I don't believe in the concept of the soul, so no, not really. However, if I did believe in it, I'd say that animals are the same as humans so they'd have souls too.

• I believe all living things do to some extent.

• Yes, I do. : )

• Yes or else how do they have personality

• there's no such thing as a soul, so you can find peace in the idea that all lives end up in the same place in the same way because we all die the same way

• The term soul refers to the body as whole, not just a part of it as most religions make you believe. Soul = living being.
    When one dies, one becomes dust, nothing else; no entity leaves the body.

• Yea, I'm Christian. I believe they have souls. All dogs go to heaven, right? 😊

• yes, but many Christians i grow up with, tell me otherwise:(

• Really? Wow. Well I've never really talked about it with anyone other than my siblings and we all feel like they have souls and stuff but we also might be biased because we have a dog.

• every living thing has a soul

• If humans have souls then animals certainly do as well.

• souls dont go to heaven to. Spirits do

• I don't believe in the existence of souls, so no.

If humans did have souls though, then yeah it would only make sense that other animals have them too. We're not that different from each other.