What do you do with your eyes when someone looks at you?

What do you do with your eyes when someone looks at you? Do you hold focus or do you look away? Usually I look away but I only do that for two reasons, 1 is when it's a really attractive girl, I'll look away cuz I'm shy or I'll look away if I don't want her to think I'm a creeper. And sometimes I look away from other men when their talking to me but that's only because I don't want them to assume the wrong idea, like assuming I'm challenging them... (Don't get me wrong, I'm no coward so if I'm upset Or I'm teaching someone something I hold direct eye contact. But what do you guys do?

(there an old legend that says the eyes are the Windows to the soul and some of you don't hold eye contract because you don't want people to read you and look into your souls.

(I'm not too sure I believe that lesgend though)😒

anyway what do with your eyes when someone is looking at you or talking? Do you look away or do you hold eye contact?

• If someone looks at me I look away
  • If someone looks at me I look right back at them
  • I look away when someone is speaking to me or if I'm speaking
  • I look right at them when someone is speaking to me or if I'm speaking

Most Helpful Girl

• When people are talking to me, I tend to look into their eyes to try and show that I'm paying attention and take quick glances away when it feels a little uncomfortable. When I'm talking to people, I tend to kinda speak whilst looking at their jaw maybe, but not really their eyes save for quick looks. If someone meets my eye in the street or something, I'll smile then look away.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol about that quote the eyes are the windows to the soul traditional Italians have a superstition I think it quite funny they believe that if you stare into someones eyes they'll cripple your soul lol.

Anyway what I do depends.

When I am at work I always have eye contact because it's respectful and that's just what you do when it comes to business.

Casual setting like out with friends I always again look my friends in the eye because it's respectful and it shows my attention is on them.

Same with a girl I am courting I always try to look her in the eyes for the same reasons as above but also because it's intimate with them.

Now if a gal is staring at me I'll give her a quick to moderate glance usually followed by raising my eyebrow and looking her up and down a little and doing a little half smirk before going back to what I'm doing. Have no idea why but they seem to like that haha.

I do worry about staring or looking to peoples eyes sometimes though because in real life I have a rather intense gaze or look to my eyes I guess, which gets stronger when you can actually see the colors in my eyes. And I never know how people feel about that lol.

What Girls Said 13

• Well , usually it depends on how I feel. if its a guy I've been crushing on then I get all blushy and look away. However, if its a drug guy or a person I dislike I stare them down and I dont care. When I am at interviews or chatting with peers then I give the usual eye contact

• I have people stare at me all the time because of my disability so if I see some one staring I smile at them to say I can see you or if I notice they are still staring I stare back until they look away

• Depends on the situation. In a business setting I never drop my eyes but in a casual setting if the guy is attractive my eyes drop like bowling balls to the floor lol

• When I'm speaking or listening, I'll look at them but if someone looks at me otherwise, I'll most likely look away.

• i look away always!

• I honestly make eye contact with everyone I come in contact with that is
    looking around at eye level and give them a friendly nod and smile. If they say something I reply. If someone talks to me I give them my full attention unless I really am uncomfortable or late for something.

• If I may ask, what will be in on comfortable situation for you? Like if a boy was looking at you?

• I only ask cuz I hate the living shit out of one of my ex girlfriends but somehow we've been talking like close friends for the last 5 or 6 years.. (NO SEX!) just text messages like.. "What's up? What are you doing?" Etc etc...

• Well I wouldn't have any issue with you, whether I'd scare you or not I don't know. I avoid arguments like the plague. I do things rather then complain about them. I don't get offended. I like to talk about Politics, Religion, Philosophy, Sociology and the like but I am picky about who I do that with because I don't want to offend anyone and stay away from talking too passionately with people who feathers get easily ruffled but am always friendly and find something in common that we could talk about that wouldn't offend.
      I am friends with my only real Ex. If I was in love with them at some point I couldn't just not care because we weren't together any more. I'd always love them, I just wouldn't be in love with them anymore. I too have an Ex that I still talk to and have been in loose contact with for the last 13 1/2years since we broke up (we went out 15 years ago, off and on for 18 months-lol). He was actually even at my wedding 9 years ago and I saw him a few weeks ago.

• I often get awkward eye contacts daily and I immediately look away. You know those random eye contacts you get in public or anywhere else. When I'm walking in campus I get a random eye contact, when I'm in a public transport, with a group of people, in class... etc I don't like it. It makes me feel awkward. I basically save myself when I look away.
    When someone is talking to me, it's a different story, I do make eye contact.

• I look away. I don't like looking people directly in the eye. It makes me uncomfortable. And if it's someone that I'm attracted to or have feelings for, then I start blushing like an idiot.

• i maintain eye contact naturally but look away every now and then. if i'm speaking i generally look around at things that are relevant like my hands if i'm explaining something with motions

• I wonder how smart you are... I have a feeling you're pretty intelligent

• If someone looks at me I'll keep the eye contact for 2 seconds then look away. I look away because I automatically assume that they are making fun of me or something.. because that happens very often.

• I look away. I don't like making eye contact.

• I can never look anyone in the eye... It makes me too uncomfortable.

• I look right at them but i don't stare

What Guys Said 10

• I'm a rather shyer person myself. When in convo with someone I will hold eye contact very strongly. I only look away like an average amount or if I get bored. I'm not over confident, but I maintain eye contact, especially with guys, because it is kind of submissive to look away. I'm not gonna lie and say when I see a really beautiful female that I'm gonna hold eye contact really long, but I do hold it for a second then casually glance another direction

• That's the first time I've been informed that looking away is a sign of submissive lol.. It's definitely time to change my ways.. Sheeeesshh!!!😤

• If you look sideways its not quite as bad. But if you look downwards after looking at somebody that's generally seen as submissive.

• I was on the train last week and a hot girl was sitting a few seats away from me, she kept looking at me, at first I kept looking away, but then went fuck it, we literally stared at eachother for at lest 5-6 seconds smiling 😍. Wish I had asked for her number :(

• Look back at them until they look away. I am competitive :p

• I don't really look anyone in the eyes. The most I can manage is about a second, anything longer than that is essentially torture D:
    I think people sometimes get the impression that I'm not paying attention or I don't care, but that couldn't be further from the truth :)

• I look into her eyes for like 0.5 - 1 second and look away by a little bit. When I feel comfortable I look back into her eyes. And the rest depends on the circumstances. If it's a guy then I just look away and forget.

• I LOOK AWAy sorry caps

• I saw my math teacher staring at me, and when he didn't look away I just kept staring at him. Finally, he just looked away and said "you win".

• I try to look into their eyes.

• If I catch someone's eye, I usually look away immediately. However, I know my sister tends to stare at people until they look away first, ending up feeling really awkward because she expects them to do what I do.

• I look plane weird so everybody stares at me, lol. But do I care? Not at all. Although if there is a gal I like, the most I do is look at her, and if she looks over or turns around, then I look away really quick. Or I keep doing quick subtle glances.