Someone sent me money over PayPal. Can they cancel?

This person just sent me money to help me and a friend out with a down payment on our house. It was $4,000 that they said they would send. I didn't have anything for sale and they didn't buy anything. I don't see the $4,000 in my account. Either they didn't send it, they cancelled it or it's being processed. I don't know much about PayPal and it's so confusing.

Can they cancel their amount they sent or is it currently being processed?

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably not going to work just to send money on a sales sight because if it did drug dealer would probably use it to hide money

Most Helpful Girl

• Uh...

If they're sending "family/friends" -- with no fee -- then the limit is $1000.

If they're sending any other way, then, PP will take out about $120 (if within the US) or $160 (int'l) in fees.
    In that case, YOU should cancel the transaction, and just ask the person to wire you the money instead. Wire-transfer fees aren't cheap, but they are nowhere near THAT expensive.

What Guys Said 1

• If it has to go from their bank account, it could take 3 business days or so.

What Girls Said 2

• Are you sure they're not just messing with your head and not really sending any money?

• Yeah. That's what I'm starting to think.

• It's probably being processed. But you should be careful who you accept money from, it could be stolen.

• That's true. It could be.