I've only ever had steak one time in my life and I literally woke up and decided I wanted it for breakfast so went to the store and got one and cooked it up. It was very tough and not as tasty as I'd imagined. I'm gonna be alone all weekend so figured fuck them I'll make a tasty steak dinner and they'll be sad they missed out. My only issue is I don't really know the best way to make it as in like marinating it and how long and exactly how long to cook it and stuff or if I need to beat it to tenderize it. I have to have it well done as in no blood or red meat but I'd still like it to be tender and juicy. I know I don't like steak sauce so that option is out but I'm pretty much open to trying anything. I live in an apartment and don't have a grill so I'll be making it stove top or I guess the oven would be an option. Any ideas or tips would be appreciated.
Most Helpful Guy
dude... marinate that thing... put some spice on it, and depending on the thickness, cook it but don't EVER make steak well done... thats why it was tough to eat.
see beef or meat in general tends to cook itself after being taken off whatever cooking method you were using. ESPECIALLY steaks.
now if you get like a NY strip or a good thick ribeye...
-after spicing it up and oiling up the pan... heat up the oven to about 450 at this point.
-then make sure the oil is hot.. to almost smoking
-then put the steak in and let it sizzle on one side for about 8-15 seconds (carefully though, hot oil) then flip and repeat. this is called Searing, it locks the juices in.
-then chuck it in the oven. i recommend 8 minutes...
-if you bring it out... and poke a knife it it and spend it and the juices are still mostly red... put it back in for a couple more minutes.
-at this point its medium rare... so bring it out and like i said previously, the meat will still be cooking itself... but won't get tough... so just enjoy.
this is just the method i like using... its the fastest for me. there are other ones though... now no true steak eater eats a well-done steak and also without steak sauce... cuz we KNOW it will get tough when it cools.
be sure to use a good sharp knife, have some good sides and for Lord's sake, get some damn steak sauce... i recommend A1, but someone introduced me to using Ranch... omg...0
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Girl
1. Dice (chop really small) 1 small onion and 1 clove of garlic put into bowl
2. Add piece of steak to bowl
3. Season with Teaspoon of dill, salt, basil and a quarter teaspoon of black pepper
4. Add bbq sauce to bowl that has meat, veggies, and spices
5. Let marinate for up to four hours
1. Heat frying pan on medium heat w/ tablespoon of olive oil in it
2. Once hot add Meat, veggies, etc. to the pan
3. Cook each side for about 10 mins or until brown on each side
4. Take out of pan and put into an oven safe container
5. Put into oven on 350 degrees for about 30 mins
6. Let sit for ten minutes before cutting into it
7. Stuff your face while moaning with pleasure and satisfaction!!
Hope This Helps!0