Will I ever grow a propper beard?

I'm 21 years old and I only grow a thinn mustache and a little thicker chin beard. But will I ever grow beard on my cheeks? I only grow like 2-3-4 strand of hair on each cheek. Everywhere else on my cheeks I pretty much as smooth as a girl. A friend of mine is 26 (no blood relation to me) and he has even less beard than me. Other than that, my family on both my moms and dads side are able to grow some thick beards!!! As I said, I'm 21! How much more do I have to wait to be able to looke more like a man than a boy? Will the time ever come?
Will I ever grow a propper beard?

Most Helpful Girl

• You have the perfect beard in the world.. not too much not too little. :*

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't grow a proper moustache either, just a few strands of hair. I can grow bread but only from sideburns to down under my chin. Don't have a proper cheek beard yet.
    People tell me not to worry, it'll grow out eventually.

#Facial_hair_goals

upload.wikimedia.org/.../...2%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

• I want to have a beard like that man on the pic. I don't aim for a long beard. I'd love it if I could just grow out of my babyface lol.

• Late bloomer I guess. Keep hopes till 25. I am doing the sane xD

• I will, thank you! :)

What Girls Said 1

• Different people different genes. Sorry to say but your probably stuck with it now as youve hit puberty already

What Guys Said 15

• I only had to shave once a week until I was 25. Enjoy it while you can - heavy growth is a pain in the ass.

• Don't worry about it. I have a cousin who hardly grows anything at all - even a mustache and he's 31. Granted, he has some sort of condition I think that doesn't allow him to grow facial hair - at least well.

• I was able to grow a full beard by the time I was 21 tbh. I'd very much rather being beardless, though haha

• Don't worry it will come. My full beard came at 19 but I'm half jewish so it's in my genes to have a full beard and I love it

• Don't worry about it... I couldn't grow a full, non patchy beard until I was about 24 or 25. Now it's thicker than most of my friends.

• Probably not. I could grow a thick beard by the time I was around 18 if I just didn't shave for a few days.

• It's genetics, perhaps you can always get some testosterone boosters. Be wary of it though, I've read that people with way more than average testosterone start to lose head hair.
    You gain something but lose something

• It probably won't happen. Some people just can't. But you can always go for the Joe Dirt look.

• Brother, don't afraid. It takes time. I've grown when I was just 16. That was to bad feeling for me. With time everything will be fine. Better use Razer for shaving and don't rub your cheeks much.

• Some guys can, some can't. If you still aren't even close at 21, you're probably out of luck.

• Man its just genes , i could grow beard when i was 14 tbh , with beard no beard no difference

• maybe depends on some other factors too

• I'm 27 and I can only grow a patch beard yet my younger brother can grow a bushman beard

• Dude care to change positions? I fuckin' hate shavin' daily and I have rough and stingy facial hair...

• I wouldn't shave daily. Just like once a week... I just wan't the more masculine look.

• Masculine ma ass... it's a stupid trend of our days...

• Hehe, yeh, I guess...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more