Is changing schools because of my dog not a good idea?

I've been going to school out of state for three years now. My mom has been taking care of my dog for me. However she works 8-9 hours everyday and can only walk him (my dog) twice a day. He still uses it in the house because he can't hold it that long. It's gotten to the point where she's ready to give him away. I don't want that obviously so I'm applying to transfer to other schools at home. I would bring him back to school with me but I don't have a vehicle and wouldn't know what to do with him if I wanted to go home for breaks or something.

I haven't told my mom that it's my main reason for coming home but I think she knoss anyway because she keeps hinting that I can another dog later and she doesn't want me to make a bad decision. I don't think I am, I just can't give him to someone else.

I'm excited to hear what you guys/gals think!

What Guys Said 1

• ... and this is why i prefer cats...

• I should have gotten a cat but I was a brat when I was 16 and demanded for the dog I was promised when I was 6. 😩

• I think I did. I'm going home

• and there we go...

What Girls Said 1

• Do you have any friends who can keep him for you?

I love my pets. But...

Changing schools for a dog isn't a wise idea. You'd be better to give him to someone who has time for him and will give him love. Most people would let you keep "visiting rights" if you explained the problem.

• No I don't. I thought about that, but I really don't like that idea. I can't imagine him not being there.