Have you ever noticed most gamers usually tend to be less religious?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean I game, and I'm a religious person. Maybe it's just because I'm young.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a hardcore gamer and I am relgious same goes for my cousin

What Girls Said 4

• yeah because if they were religious they wouldn't be wasting their life on meaningless videogames

• I don't know about this, but I'm Muslim and I waste my time on many meaningless things including this website 🤔😕

• @aledeeurope of course it does. At least mine does.

- the five daily prayers are actually short, and if you sum it up together, all of them require less than an hour/day. Besides they have specific time, so they makes you get used to be organized and to pray every one of them in its right timing.

- Islam encourages to sleep early and to wake up early which is a healthy habit.
      - it encourages to study and learn, not just about religion, but also about science, the very first word of the Quran what was revealed to the prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) was "إقرآ" meaning "read"
      - it encourages you to work for living instead of being lazy.
      - it encourages you to do sport and take care of your own body and health
      - it teaches that you should be wise in spending your money

These are just few examples.

And no, I'm not preaching. I'm just responding to you claim that religion encourages meaningless life.

• lmao nice bait

• Honestly, I don't know any gamers as adults so I went with no based on people I knew who were into when we were on kids since they were all Roman Catholic but none of them are into now that we are adults so I don't know if that's true as far as adults go but I don't think it has much bearing on kids and teenagers.

• Cuz gamers have no soul lmfao

• Yes lol

What Guys Said 9

• I've never noticed. But it's not like people bring up their religion while gaming. The only gamers I know are online, I don't know any in real life. It's just not the kind of thing that would be brought online unless you knew them well. Or maybe they hang out at off-topic parts of the game forums.

• I never noticed a relation between those things. However, I believe that many religions put a lot of shit about games in the minds of their member, like saying that some games are inspired by the devil and stuff like that, I've heard it many times myself from religious people.

I know many gamers who go to churches though, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're religious or not, a person can go to a church without being religious.

• I've been a hardcore gamer since my childhood and what I learned from it is to be logical. Religion is based off of faith, not facts and logic. I also grew up with a strict catholic mother who I rebelled against and at an early age, I didn't believe in having faith in something I can't see. Or having any sort of faith at all.

• Not really, I play on a Christian Counter Strike server... lol They don't like people to use curse words, but killing people is perfectly fine. :D

• 0|0
  • Um I don't think so.
    I can think of quite a few religious friends who games right now.

• Because we have less time for fairy tales.

• Im muslim and a gamer

• All of my friends are gamers, and 99% of my friends are Christians