Why Am I So Annoying?

So, I have a tendancy to paint myself in a very bad light. Examples: I don't work well with others, I have terrible housekeeping skills.

People ask and I spit out one of these, most of the time it's so I can see the reaction of sheet shock on their face. I have a happy go lucky attitude, but as soon as I meet someone I don't like, or am caught unawares by a question, I give the most obnoxious, self-insulting answer back. Why do I do this? How can I stop?

What Guys Said 1

• I suppose there could be a variety of reasons. Perhaps you wish to keep people at a distance? I can only guess.

• Thank you. I'm sure that's it, but how do I stop? I try to stop and think if what I'm about to say is true, kind, or necessary, but I generaly don't... I have a really big mouth.

• You're definitely on the right track there. Try to think about how you treat yourself compared to how you treat others. If you would not say a particular comment to another person, why would you say it about yourself? You need to be able to stand up to your critics, even when you are that critic.

What Girls Said 2

• Well, the key to stopping a behavior is to first become self-aware which it looks like you are doing.
    Now that you are most certainly aware of this obnoxious behavior, stop yourself when you "feel" you are about to do it.
    If you fail at that, and you realize you have dished out an insult towards someone, then take a step back, and re-evaluate who you are now and who you want to be in the future.

• You're a teen, your brians not fully developed. You will outgrow being an obnoxious twit one day. Lol

• Not soon enough. I was obnoxious to my senior officer and had to make up a big lie to cover my tail to avoid a stern talk from him... I need help!