What are your thoughts on grits?

Growing up in the South grits were a staple in my house.
I had them at least three days out the week for breakfast when I was younger... probably more

My husband is from Rhode Island and he hates them! It's so very sad seeing him hate on somthing I love.
So, do you like grits? Why or why not? How often do you eat them?

• I love them <3
  • They're okay
  • Hate them >:(
  • Don't like them
  • Never had grits
  • What are grits?
Made a grits casserole for dinner since I haven't had them in a while. He'll probably drop dead when he seems it in the fridge.

Most Helpful Guy

• Grits taste like _______
    (it rhymes)

• The best paste you've ever had.

• All that means is that the other paste was worse than ______ (rhymes with grits)

Most Helpful Girl

• Grits are delicious! I love grit's casserole. It's so good. I had a jalapeno grit cake (fried grit triangle with gravy dip) from this fancy place near the beach, wow, so good. My boyfriend took me out for a special dinner. And because we're southern, grits had to be involved, haha :)

What Guys Said 13

• When I was a kid I would secretly eat wallpaper paste whenever I was in the vicinity of anyone using it. I moved to the south at the age of 30, and was delighted to find that grits tasted ALMOST as good!

• I don't like them. I generally dislike all those porridge-like things. It's something I imagine poor peasants in the medieval times eating... don't really know why I should eat it.

• I love grits - especially mixed with syrup 😋

I don't have it very often though. I get it whenever i go to Cracker Barrel, but that's about it.

• It's very much a southern thing. I think you have to be from the south to appreciate them. I live up north to and I'm with your husband, I don't like them either.

• I had them a few times travelling through the South, wasn't a big fan. I think with some creativity they'd be good, but when I had them they were pretty bland.

• Grits casserole is made with grits, sausage, roasted green chilies and cheese. It's probably the best way I've had them prepared. Very flavorful

• I'm British , but they look like they can also be made into crockets & oven baked too. Looks similar to Italian polenta

• What are thooooooose?

• Never heard of them :/

• jailfood.. only place i've had them.

• Ewww

• I've heard its a southern thing,
    Its not something I'd think I'd like.

• They're great.

• I love em my fathers side of the family comes from down south so I've picked up the love of grits, soooo good.

What Girls Said 9

• I have no idea what they are.

• We make cheesy grits at home sometimes. With bacon mixed in. It's delicious!

• Grits+shrimp+cheese+hot sauce = 💖 I could eat them like, a dozen different ways for breakfast lunch or dinner.
    Fun fact: Apparently in NY, they eat grits with sugar and soupy, a bit like oatmeal. It was so weird.

• My Husbands friends is from Louisville and he told me to try sugar in my grits one day... worst decision. It was not good.

• No it is not!! Ahhh yeah I was a bit put off. There was like, cinnamon or something else too. Can't remember but I never order grits anymore, ever, in NY.

• Grits are awesome but nothing something I want to eat every day. Or even every week. Maybe a few times a month. I enjoy them with shrimp and salmon croquettes.

• never tasted it before, doesn't look too appealing but i'd try it

• Never heard of them before until @paris13 told me lol

• Only with cheese and eggs!😎

• I love me some grits and eggs! I eat grits every other sunday😍

• I'm from the south so grits are "a thing." I've hated them since forever. You could not get me to eat them then or now. I don't like the texture at all.