What kind of people do you think are Cheap with money (poor background vs rich)?

I'm cheap and I'm very frugal with spending. I would quite easily choose the cheapest transport option or food on a menu etc based on price. i buy things when there's an offer of discount and when i need only.

I'm from a poor family background. had very little growing up so i understand the value of money. i know someone that's the opposite and got anything she wanted and she is an impulsive buyer.

So I'm wondering whether you think there's always this connection

Most Helpful Girl

• I wish I were cheap and frugal. Lol it explains why I'm poor! I was raised dirt poor, like "I don't know if I'm going to eat tomorrow" poor. Or "I know it's unsanitary, but these underwear were very cheap at the yard sale" poor. Yes, really, really poor lol

My dad was a cheap ass though. With us, but on himself he went all out.

I know the value of money, I've worked since I was 12. I used to hustle candy when I was younger lol
    But I figure I might as well treat myself and those I love once in a while. What's the point in working so hard for money I can't enjoy?

And as a person who's been bartending, waitressing, etc I can tell you the best tippers usually come from working class, especially if they ever worked service positions. They tend to be better tippers than the "suits" and other "rich" people. The blue collar workers tip better than white collar workers on average.
    Interestingly enough, Europeans are some of the best tippers I've ever seen. They seem cold and distant sometimes, but man do they tip well, regardless of SES.
    It's extremely difficult to get a tip from Asians lol
    (THESE ARE JUST MY EXPERIENCES AFTER ABOUT 8YRS IN CUSTOMER SERVICE/4 IN "TIP" JOBS, I KNOW THEY DON'T REFLECT REAL WORLD NECESSARILY)
    I like to tip well when I go out. If not, I'd rather not go.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, almost always there is this connection. I wouldn't say I'm from a poor background. I'm rather middle-class, but I too tend to be frugal usually, unless it's a special occasion.

I have some lofty long term career and personal goals, so I wouldn't want to foolishly spend all I earn.

• I have a friend with long term goals from a richer background. He tends to try to achieve them with lots of unnecessary spending i noticed

• Yeah, so financial background is the key here, like you have already observed. It's very rare for rich people to be frugal.

What Girls Said 2

• Some people may call me cheap, but I am very practical with my money.
    I HAVE the amount to cover all costs but that doesn't mean I am going to blow it.
    I think logically about how I spend my money.
    I'd rather do that, than be the girl who has a good amount and blows it all on foolishness because she wasn't well calculated and didn't think things out.

• I wish I was cheap... I throw money out of the window and it's not even my money 😭 Poor papa.. He never complains though... I love him💞

What Guys Said 1

• I knew a rich guy who reused his toilet paper. Rather than flush away the paper after wiping, he'd let it dry overnight, then turn it over the next time he defecated so the brown part was on the bottom.