Do "wild Dogs" exist?

Hey,

i live in small town somewhere in the upstate from germany... its a rumor here that some wild dogs live in the woods here. And yes you could sometimes hear a barking dog. But it could possibly some guy who takes his dog for a walk...

so could survive a former pet dog in the wild?

0|0
1|4

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.
    It's just the opposite of domestication. Just like how a a feral, or wild, dog can be adopted and live a domestic life, a dog could be released into the wild and learn to fend for itself, and become a feral dog.
    And it mainly depends on their upbringing and previous environment, plus adaptation skills on wether or not a dog will survive in the wild.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Guys Said 4

• I can only speak about my own country, but in America there are dogs that become feral and live wild.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure it's possible once their instincts kick in since dogs are scavengers by nature and as long as it's a good size dog

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah wild dogs exist but they are not like pet dogs, they are stronger and faster , but pet dogs can survive in wild if it teached to catch food and stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wild dogs in Europe usually refers to stray dogs who have puppies and then the puppies grow up on the streets and were not raised by humans. Therefore they are wild dogs.

0|0
    0|0