Did I find a stray cat or a cat someone owned?

There's a cat that I see around my house regularly digging around in the trash, etc... She's an older kitten. Today I decided to feed her and she was extremely hungry and slim. She was shakey and ate two bowls of cat food. However she was very friendly, she let me pet her and pick her up and take her inside. I gave her another food and water bowl, a cat box w/ sand and some blankets to sleep on. She isn't de-clawed. From what I've observed she only eats and comes out of hiding in my presence. She constantly rubs against me non-stop and sleeps in my lap so she seems really tame. I'm starting to wonder if she's owned by someone and under-fed or what?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say a stray but you can take it to your local humane society to see if she has one of those "I belong to" chips in her. If not ask them for their opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it really matters. Like people even stray cats can be friendlier than others. She was really hungry and took a liking to you so she ate the food and stays on your porch.

What Guys Said 1

• Take a picture of her and take the picture to the local animal shelter and tell them you found it. Give them your information. If anyone has lost it they will contact you. If you no one calls after a week or two, then the cat is yours.

What Girls Said 1