Can an adrenaline rush really grant you superhuman strength?

Obviously I don't mean Superman level strength but is it true that an extreme rush of adrenaline enable one to lift cars and stuff like that?

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't personally experienced it giving me strength, but I believe it to be true. I have, however, experienced how adrenaline complete shut off feelings of pain or discomfort. When falling down a long case of stairs, piercing yourself, having your nail bend all the way back, being hit by a car, cut or bitten by a dog is completely painless and you remain clear in the head so you can think without being in agony. It's pretty cool.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its activated when you experience traumatic scenes. there's been stories of mom's lifting up cars to save a baby near the tire of a car.

If your the type that uses substances like coffee, then your constantly wearing out your body and adrenal gland of producing adrenaline.

In the military, special forces, army ranger, navy seals; these guys are trained not to use substances like coffee to get the best maximum output of adrenaline.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• It's called "superhuman" for a reason. By definition, no. It does make it easy to exert the full capacity of your strength though. You don't feel fatigue in the same way and it just feels natural to go all out.

However its worth noting the human body is limited for a reason and that tends to be when you injure yourself.

• apparently its happened. i never experienced it though.

• I believe it, the human body is pretty fucking crazy.

• It can grant more strength but don't expect to go berserk