To people who have been to NYC, What's New York City like?

What places do you recommend seeing, eating etc...

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh my god its beautiful! (in the day time)
    It is exciting, full of life, happy people and great views! (until the early morning, it will be foggy then)
    A lot of bridges, and then when you make to the city you gotta walk, or use a bike. It is really great! They have a beach but don't go swimming.
    I once heard some one say," Forget about it!" Italian style!
    The arts district is great, i didn't go to Wall street though.
    the one thing you will also notice is at some parks there will be a lot of kids with nannies! i had never seen that before it was weird but cool! Also if you never been on a train before, take one, it will feel weird and the conversations you will hear are hilarious!

• Don't swim in it? Why? 😛 I'm curious, is it dirty? Cold?

• @ElissaDido It is cold! and it may be dirty lol. My friends i went to see said not to swim in it, so i didn't, and i really love to swim. It could be dirty, i did see a few cups and plastic float by lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Dirty and crowded lol. Honestly, I've never seen to much trash in my life haha.
    I recommend seeing a broadway show!
    And when I was there, I toured NBC studios in the Rockefeller Center building and saw the SNL set and all the behind the scenes stuff. It was really cool. I recommend that if you're into it.

What Guys Said 6

• It's literally a sewer with tall buildings coming out of it lol

• Nice to know 😂😂😂😂

• Ya once you go get a whiff of that fresh air! Nothing like rats n shit in the morning lmO

• Try subways in the winter where the homeless gather in crowded subway cars to escape the cold and you don't realize it til the doors closed behind you.

• NYC is huge.. Everyone says try halal guys in manhatten. I had their falafel and their lamb and chicken combo with white sauce. It was worth trying.
    Peter Luger steakhouse seemed yo be overrated.
    I liked Bowery Meat Company more. The atmosphere, service and my rack of lamb was all great.
    For Yakitori (Japanese grilled foods) I tried Oh! taisho and it was great!
    Everything else in terms of food wasn't worth mentioning.
    I didn't go sight seeing or tourist traps so I can't comment there.

Ohh and In n out > shake shack

• I've been out to New Rochelle which is like suburban NYC, it reminded me a lot of certain areas of my own city. Also the drivers up there are dicks.

• Pretty much what everyone said here.
    If you are a city type of person then u will like it, if not then just visit to find out.

• I hated it... I used to work there and I'm just glad I don't anymore... LOL.

• Eat a Gyro from a street vendor!! MMMM

What Girls Said 5

• I have been to NYC. It depends on where you go. Some places are really run-down, like in any city you go to really. Other places are beautiful. Central Park is gorgeous to walk through. Going to a Broadway show is exciting, and I would love to go to those more. Times Square is the epicenter and a bright, thrilling place to be. There is a lot of hustle and bustle there, so make sure you are moving quickly on the sidewalks and across the streets.

• I haven't been to NYC, but our English teacher from 8th grade used to live there and she told us that it's a cool place. :D

• Crowded. Fast paced. Of course there are lots of great sights to see, like Times Square and the Statue of Liberty. I haven't eaten anywhere special, but I do plan on visiting the Sugar Factory soon.

• crowded and offensive and expensive.

• i want to visit nyc too !
    take in all the sights and sounds