Does anyone else not want to have kids because they know they'll be an abusive parent?

You* You'll*

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes...

What Girls Said 9

• i dont think i'd be an abusive parent but one of the reasons i dont want to have kids is because i feel like i wouldn't know how to be the best parent. i feel like i'd cuss in front of them, talk to them about serious matters at an age too early and scar them emotionally or something, get annoyed fast because kids are so energetic and not always be there for them (like i'll just want to lay down while they play by themselves and do random things), and i wouldn't sugar coat things. like if they asked where do babies come from, i'd tell them the truth no matter how old they are.

• At first I found this question weird... because I never genuinely thought that if I became a Mum someday, I wouldn't ever be abusive.

I've babysat and it never crosses my mind to slap the baby because he wouldn't stop crying. I just sit there thinking I'll be a bad parent because I don't know how to calm a crying child.
    I worry about being a bad parent, not an abusive one.

I'll say it honestly here that I've never heard of people worrying about not having kids because they would be abusive until now.

• Umm no. Not even in a bad dream could I harm a child.

• Abusive how?
    Like legitimately abusive. As in beating your kid for no reason.
    Or "abusive" like spanking your kid when naughty and people call it "abusive"

• I don't want kids anyway. But I would worry about being controlling like my Mother.

• I don't fucking like kids. I don't even like the kids my age. My kids would hate me. Especially the boys.. My biggest fear is having a pussified son. Oh, and the way kids are growing up nowadays? Hah.

• One of the many reasons. I really don't like kids and my temper is awful, plus I'm pretty selfish, so I feel there's the danger of that.

But before that there's all the many reasons I just don't like kids (I want kids to have happy lives and be well cared for and all that, I just don't like hanging out with them).

And the money involved - it costs so so much to raise a kid and I'd rather have a comfortable lifestyle and go on nice holidays and be able to help out friends and family and charities and all that.

Plus I never want to go through pregnancy and birth because of all the horrific pain, possibility of post partum depression, and because I like my body how it is (for the most part)

Plus I want to be able to sleep at night, and have sex without worrying about kids walking in on me and my partner, and go out whenever I want without having to consider babysitters or worry about bringing kids with me.

Basically, I'm the eldest of 4; I see all my siblings, and I see what my Mum's life is like, and I think 'not for me'

• It makes sense to me and it also means they're responsible.
    If I knew I would be like my parents (abusive), I also would choose to not have kids.
    I know I wouldn't be a good mother and that's why I don't want to have kids. But I don't think I would be abusive.
    So, this is not my reason.

• I've worried that.

Or that with my family background, my kid could be a cruel or violent person through genetics.

What Guys Said 1

• I'd beat the shit out of my kids because I know they'll be super annoying, and a daughter? Oh boy, I'd fuck up any guy she'd try to date in her teenage years