What's it like to be a Gamer Girl, do you get praised or put down all the time?

I've seen some girls on videogames get praised a lot, is it the girl or the person just being nice?

What Girls Said 2

• It's annoying to be a gamer girl. When you are actually a gamer. I find if you tell people you like video games or join in a conversation about them people just think you're doing it to impress boys. Really I just like spending some weekends geeking out and playing all weekend. They expect you to be the stereotype. Praise is usually like most things women do that men don't expect. Your really good for a girl when really you just destroyed everyone

• I don't really get acknowledged outside of my circle. I guess bc I don't look like I'd be into games. At work I was talking with this woman and her son about games and the manager was like "you don't seem like you'd be into video games?". In places like GameStop I get a lot of head turns and people look at me weird sometimes.

What Guys Said 0