Atomic bomb vs hydrogen bomb?

Which is more effective?

• Atomic bomb
  • Hydrogen bomb

Most Helpful Girl

• Hydrogen bombs are much more powerful than atomic bombs because they are fusion bombs while an atomic bomb is a fission bomb. Tsar Bomba was a bomb tested in Russia and is called "the king of bombs" it was also a hydrogen bomb by the way

• yes but what are hydrogen bombs made of, atoms...

• @RobAtomic please allow me to tell you something. The impression you are giving is not that of a very intelligent young man. I suggest you recalibrate your banter

• @SexyStudent interesting, what if the impression I intended to project was that of an unintelligent young man, then would I be intelligent? Thank you for the advise, I appreciate the input...

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• If you have to ask this kind of question you have no background in science

• Hydrogen bombs, its not even a debate. The way the weapons function outright mean hydrogen bombs are better due to fusion compared to fission in an explosive blast.

• H bomb

• Farts are more effective, if done properly.

What Guys Said 21

• Hydrogen, That shit is horrifyingly powerful.

For example the Tsar bomb, The single largest man-made explosive in history utterly dwarfs the atomic bombs dropped on japan.

mikadoshimbun.com/.../...essful-H-Bomb-Test-01.jpg

• If by more effective, you mean more powerful and destructive, then definitely fusion bombs (hydrogen bombs, measured in megatons of TNT) over fission bombs (atomic bombs, measured in kilotons of TNT).

• An atomic bomb splits either Uranium or Plutonium atoms in a process called Fission. The result is devastating as seen at Nagasaki and Hiroshima in 1945. In comparison the Hydrogen bomb uses a process called Fusion. It fuses Hydrogen atoms together which releases a much larger amount of energy than the Fission bomb. An example is the Soviet Czar Bomb. Hydrogen Fusion is also the same exact process that is occurring in the center of most stars, our Sun included.

• Thank you for the answer You Soldier U. S Army? :)

• You're welcome. And yes I have been in for the last 8 years. I'm also working on a degree in Physics right now.

• Good luck Brother :)

• Hydrogen, it uses a atomic bomb to go off

• Atomic sounds more threatening... so if you are wondering how effective those terms are by themselves... I have to vote for Atomic... scary...

• Atom I think better because Very radiation :)

• yes and what are H bombs anyway... a bunch of atoms... so...

• Hydro son. Hydro

• Hydrogen bomb is a lot more powerful than an atomic bomb

• Hydrogen bombs are a type of atomic bomb

• the hydrogen bomb is much larger and much more destructive

• Hydrogen, by EVERYTHING

• Hydrogen bomb for sure

• Depends on if you want to fuck up one city or half the planet.

• Difference is fission and fusion.

• Dutch Oven Bombs work the best! :)

• Vote b

• Id say A becuase of the long term affects...
    radiation

• tHe MoSt DaNgErOuS iS a NiTrOgEn bomba

• Give the molecular constuction and geometry, not even taking to account its raw instability, the hydrogen bomb would be a lot more destructive than the atomic, its a grade 1 WMD for a reason

• All hydrogen bombs are atomic bombs. Not all atomic bombs are hydrogen bombs.

H bombs are more powerful than pure fission bombs.

• Hydrogen. Anyone who says otherwise literally has no idea what they're talking about

• It would be more accurate to say fission and fusion bomb. Fusion (hydrogen) bombs are far more powerful.