Tattoos - for or against?

What are your opitions concerning ink on skin? Have you got any yourself? If so, you may share them here (might even give me ideas for my second one haha :D )

Here's mine ^_^
Tattoos - for or against?

Most Helpful Guy

• I like tattoos.
    I seriously LOVE tattoos, especially big and colourful ones with motives and images instead of just text quotes or swallow silhouettes.

But I don't have a preferrence however. A girl without tattoos are of equal value to me to a girl that does have tattoos.

I never understood the "you're ruining your body"
    ... how? you're just putting a drawing, or in other words, an artwork on it.
    But sure... I'll remember to phone the gallery to let them know that they are idiots for paying for the paintings, I mean, the painter CLEARLY just ruined the canvas.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just got mine done last Sunday and I love it. My whole family has one of a lotus now. ☺️☺️
    http://i.imgur.com/5XsI3wR.jpg
    It's so hard to take a picture of mine though because it always looks better in real life tbh. Can't capture it's beauty with photos. πŸ˜‚πŸ™„ I plan on getting more in the future though.

What Guys Said 15

• Personally, I'm against it. I believe we are all beautiful the way mother nature made us and I can't see a reason to stain this natural beauty by writing some silly stuff on my skin or paining a stupid logo on it. I also can't think of anything that is so important to me that I would have to broadcast/advertise it to everyone via my skin.
    Plus, people don't seem to get that fashion trends don't last forever. Tattoos might be considered cool at the moment but it's possible that in 30 years, people will regard you as a complete idiot if you've got a tattoo... kinda like it used to be super trendy to smoke cigarettes back in the 1960s and nowadays it's generally considered a personal weakness.

• But think of those who get tattoos with meaning, each time they look at their skin they may be reminded of a memory, a significant event, a person, perhaps a stuggle they faced at some point. It's not always about fashion.
      P. S. I think old people with tattoos look pretty badass :DD

• to anymore. I've experienced some things that were great when I experienced them but aren't so special when I look back. It's just really hard to tell whether something I find awesome today will still be awesome in my opinion 20 years from now, whether it's a person or an event.
      I think if there was one thing in the world that I would perhaps engrave on my skin it would be the name or names of my future children. But even with that I think it's a bit unnecessary because I don't need my skin to remind me that I have beautiful kids. I think I will also know that just like that.

• When mentioning a person I had in mind more a family member, possibly one that has passed away. Also, it doesn't have to be a name, it could be some sort of a symbol. Though I completely understand you in this case, I wouldn't get a partner's name tattooed on my body, you never know what's gonna happen in the future. Thanks for your input :)

• Against. It goes out of style, think Tribal Bands. It doesn't reflect who you are in 20 years. It limits you to what you can wear at times, think formal occasions. Cute sayings seem trite as you age. It limits you in jobs. So many people regret it in the end, they even have studies on it showing the numbers which is huge.

• I'm not a fan... if my girl would have one it's okay but if she'd ask that question my answer would be "rather not" :-(

• I'm definitely for it, we're a walking canvas :D
    I just hope it's tastefully done and placed somewhere not very odd.

http://i.imgur.com/ZcaZ9gB.jpg
    ^^ pretty old pic now.

• My rules: They must not cover more than 1/3 of your body and must be in child-appropro places

• can look food, I especially like them on girls but I don't think I have the body/style for it

• For- I've been saying this for a while, but I'm getting tatted up for the first time on my birthday.

• i think tattoos that you have to read are dumb..

• Well, that's your opinion, but for some people it's words that hold lots of meaning. Enough to have them etched in their skin

• well you asked for my opinion

• Against. People make permanent choices out of impermanent feelings.

• As if permanent choices are even semi-rare for us to have to make. I mean, decisions like what to major in in college, what college to even go to, getting married, having kids, are all seen as perfectly normal decisions to make, despite being effectively just as permanent and far more life-changing. So why on earth is getting a tattoo so much worse?

• @cipher42 No, it isn't a valid comparison. We're not doing this.

• Fine, whatever. I still don't accept that, as honestly I think just saying "your argument is wrong" without any actual rebuttal or explanation as to why is pretty lame, but if you don't want to have the discussion at all then fine, I can't exactly force you to.

• Tattoos are very cool. Looking to get some in the next couple years.

• I'm for tattoos. The only reason I don't have one yet is because I haven't found meaning to get one.

• I think they are trashy... Tattooed girls is the stupidest fashion trend I've ever witnessed.

• Girls specifically?

• It wasn't to share my story. It was to show that some of the things you claim to be true are absolute nonsense.

• Yet without me asking about your tatoo you felt the need to jump right into let me tell you my tattoo story. Which goes right back to the I got a new purse mentality...

• i have tatoos so for

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 18

• I think it's pretty cool, having art as part of you and all. I don't have any myself, though I might get one at some point if I can somehow manage to actually make a decision in terms of what I want, but so far there's just too many options and none that stand out enough to make it worth it for me.

• Asker, y'see now how dumb that guy is? Sorry, responding to that here since he finally blocked me. Also I think it's funny how he just assumed I have tattoos. Like, I can't be empathetic to a group of people without being one of them.

• Yeah, I do. 😂 honestly, it's impossible having a somewhat decent debate with him since he's so full of himself and thinks everyone is beneath him. Like damn, calm yo tiddiesss boi lol

• I don't have any myself, though I'm not opposed to them and may get one someday when I figure out something I wouldn't mind having on me forever. I have designed a few tattoos for people before too and I'm currently working on another.

• I'm against tattoos. It's something that I would never do to my body.
    They remind me of criminals, (even though I know there's people who don't have tattoos and they commit crimes).
    But I always think about that when I see people with lots of tattoos.

• Not against just meh! LOL

• I want one, I actually asked about hiring prospects in another question www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1948778-can-i-get-hired-with-these-tattoos

• It's body art🎨I love tatt's! I'm very capricious so I don't have any😔 I'd have quite a few though if ever I decide what to get.

• I want a small tattoo on my wrist that's inspiring.

• I have a single word on my right inner forearm arm (below my wrist) about 3 inches long. I think word tattoos can be nice. Just plain black ink. Mine has a lot of personal meaning.

I'm not a big fan of loud, colorful graphic tattoos

• neither for nor against, however I'm very against tattoos that appropriate cultures/religions the wearer is not a part of and I'm very for indigenous people tattooing as a means of decolonizing and getting back in touch with their roots.

• Some look good some don't. I plan to get just one. It will be glorious and painful and expensive.

• I like tattoos. I have two of them myself and I think it's hot when guys have them.

• I have a barcode at the back of my head.

• I love tattoos, but I'm not allowed to get them by Jewish law 😒.

• tats are a personal choice. I have no problem with them. I find some very sexy

• That's nice I think tattoos r cool I was thinkin getting one on my wrist or ankle when in older

• Tattoos are cool. Not against them. I do not know why someone would be against tattoos.

• for it tattoo is cool but i wouldn't do it