Do you view cats and dogs as opposites?

Do you view cats and dogs as opposites?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Noooo why would they be opposites? That's like saying bananas and strawberries are opposites. They're just two different fruits like dogs and cats are different animals/pets. I think the reason some people think of them as opposites is because they're by far the most popular pets. But that doesn't actually make them opposites. They're just two out of millions of animals and out of hundreds of possible pets you could have.
    Personally, I like both of them. I'm more of a cat person but mostly because I simply don't have time to have a dog. If I'm ever gonna have a dog, I want to treat it right and this includes going for at least two extended walks a day (if it's a large dog I might have to go for three walks a day). You can't just let your dog stand outside in the backyard, that's not animal-friendly. Dogs need company and lots of exercise. Riding bikes is very important and popular in my country and so one thing I would love to do is to ride my bike and have my dog run along. But at the moment I'm simply too busy to have a dog and because I'm a uni student, I also don't have enough money to keep a dog well-fed. Maybe in a few years :-).

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 8

• No, people go on about how cats are evil and mean things but the truth is only people that don't know how to treat and look after a cat say that. You can have very loyal friendships and relationships with cats as well. You can also teach them things if you know how. I have done all this, you just have to know how. Some people like to say dogs are angels but that is not always true. Dogs can be real jerks if they want to be and dogs can and do attack innocent people, cats never attack innocent people.

• I wouldn't say polar opposites no but they share similarities in some areas but in others are completely unique. I love both cats and dogs personally and find them both just as affectionate in their own ways, as it's all about how you treat them, cats though require a bit more work heh.

• I don't see them as opposites. Don't have an explanation for my decision. Personally I am more into cats. Had two cats I loved. I got bit in the knee by my friend's dog in 2008. Been afraid of getting close to big nose ever since.

• Cats and dogs are not opposites, they are different.
    Dogs are pack hunters who depend a lot upon each other for survival. Parallels can be drawn between human and dog behaviour.
    Cats are opportunists who are very much their own masters. Dogs have owners, cats have servants.
    I live with two rescue dogs and five rescue cats. The cats run the household, especially a large black tom, who is also the most laid back and affectionate of the cats.

• domesticated dogs and cats are opposite

foxes are said to be dogs with cats souls and akitas are the most catlike dogs.

• There's a reason dogs are called man's bestfriend...

Anyway I hate cats, all they do is shit on my lawn and annoy the fuk out of me

• No, both are cool

• Yes, I agree. The people that say cats are evil and mean animals don't know how to treat and look after a cat.

• @Applefan1 yes all animals are beautiful,
      I have a cute cat that I'm petting these days and she never fail to amaze and inspire me of how much she is smart 😊

• Yes, we use to have a cat like that. He was always really happy to see us. When I got home from work he would always call out for me to come see him. It was really cute.

• I tend to view females as cats... and males as dogs... so yeah...