Please help: slammed car door on my finger yesterday, the pain is to the extreme?

I can't even move it! It's just so much pressure it hurts, it's like I have my own little heart beat in my nail! This happened yesterday, it's been over 24 hours. I went to the ER today, but the doctor was busy with other parients, he didn't seem to pay too much attention to me. He got a drill bit and tried to drain the blood from my nail, but barely anything came out. And nothing was solved. It still hurts like crazy and I can't stop crying. I tried to do the whole paper clip thing, where I burn a hole in my nail using a hot paper clip. When I did this, no blood came out. The pressure I feel on my finger is so painful. I can't even move it! I can't have anything touch my finger! I just want the pain to stop! Ice, Tylenol, ibuprofen, none of it has worked!!! What do I do guys? I feel like the doctors and everyone in that hospital is annoyed with me, I feel like they all think I'm paranoid. Should I go back to the ER tomorrow? It still hurts and I don't know what to do

Most Helpful Guy

• Blood is probably not gonna come out now. Keep your finger in ice water. And wait.
    This happened to me when I was about 6 years old, and all I remember was holding it in ice water and crying for the first few hours after it happened.
    Then some time later, the nail fell off (for some reason I remember I was at my grandma's house). And eventually it grew all the way back, and now it looks normal.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• You might have broken or torn your bone in the front or middle joint of your finger. If that is the case, you shouldn't move your finger because otherwise the bone can't grow back together or it will do so in a weird way. You should definitely go back to the ER or if they don't help you there, you should perhaps go to another doctor in a smaller office (a general practitioner). They can also help you with that. I'm very sorry ;-(.

• Here is a needle technique. Its the same as the clip though.

Make a regular doc appointment. The ER if for dead people, or people headed that way. Thats why it seems they have no time for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykmNKVgNORo

• No xrays? Sounds like you might have broken it. I'd go back to the ER or to a urgent care clinic ASAP. Until then, try to keep it elevated and iced. by the way, my insurance agent told me that stuff like getting a finger hurt in a car door is actually covered by my car policy, so if money is an issue, it might be something to ask about.

• Go back to ER you not wasting their time at all. I sounds like it's broken from my experience. You may need it xrayed to confirm. Then pain killers for the pain. Not much can be done for a broken finger but put in a splint to make sure it heals straight. Promise me you go to ER and not suffer! X

• if it is turning black under the nail they might need to relive the pressure by putting a small hole in it. i have had to do this before when i have broken fingers.

• Omg I feel so bad for u! 😧😭

U should go back to the ER there is no other choice. I hope u get well soon ❤

• Take some pain reliever and bandage it with a splint.

• sounds like it is broken

• Visit doctor. Get X-ray done. Use ice for rubbing.

• Been there.. done that. You have to let it take its own course.. the pain will go away, and a new nail will grow in under the injured one

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds like the ER doc thought that the reason you can't bend the finger is due to swelling and blood pooling in the finger. I would imagine the swelling will go down in a few days. Did they do X-rays at the ER?

• Ice...