What would you do first if you had the ability to read peoples minds and maybe even control them to do your bidding?

Professor X posesses such power. althought he chooses not to pry into anyones mind wihtout their invitation

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd read minds, but not make them do things... Unless I really didn't like them

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if I had that power then I would know what people are thinking about things and so I'll be in a better position to prepare myself and defend if required. I will be in a good position to offer them help and solutions if I had the power of reading people's mind.

However I'll never use that power in my favor or against them.

What Girls Said 15

• I'd find people who walked around hate-mongering, in whatever way -- hating women, hating other races, hating anyone for other than good reasons -- and read deep into their minds to find out where that hate came from.
    "Hurt people hurt people", as the saying goes... who hurt these people, to start that horrible chain reaction?

Then I'd do my best to reverse all of that hate.
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." -- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Basically, I'd do mah damn best to drive out all the hate I could find, and replace it with love.

__

Then, when I was done working my shift spreading love to every hate-infested corner of the world, I'd find as many hot boys as I could, and infect their minds with a weird, irresistible desire to strip their upper bodies naked -- wherever they might find themselves -- and then hang out with a bunch of girls, and bond over the experience. The experience of simultaneously loving and hating that kind of attention, that we get all the time. Mostly loving it, though. <3

• Charles is a good role model. I'd like to say I'd be like him, but I don't know if I could control it. If I was able to control, my next question would be if I was able to stop myself from trying to stop evil, even without their permission. I'm not sure.

• Hmm... Maybe go find everyone suffering with insomnia and be like 'I have come to make you sleep' and then knock them out with the mind control :P

• Move to a secluded island away from civilization and large populations of humans. I don't want to read peoples minds. Half the time, I don't even wanna hear the shit they say out loud, nevermind the things they keep in their heads.

Although I guess if I couldn't do that, then I would weed out people that have a desire and actual plans to hurt people and give their names to the FBI or something.

• I'd make them clean my room and get me food! lol

• oh i'd get inside the heads of a few people, fix a few things... make a few things happen. u know.

• That sounds dangerous! I wouldn't want to mentally control them lol I would maybe like to know what they're thinking about. I might just sit (mentally) in their head, and just listen hehe

• I would definitely go digging through a few people's minds for starters. And as far as control goes, I'd use that for simple stuff. Like coercing the barista at Starbucks to give me frappucino for free

• Several people would be jumping off of mountain tops, joking! Half way up is fine.

• I'd abuse the shit out of my powers... hehehehe..

• There are some minds I'd like to read, no doubt.

• I'd go bonkers and then just try to be normal
    Basically just like the before and after of a sugar rush (maybe I don't know if this example is right lol XD) I'm gonna go now before I make a further fool of myself :D

• ... I would make the person I hate do my choirs fix me Dinner lunch breakfast play pranks on cops so they'll get in trouble 😈💁🏻

• first of all I would make some of the big companies give money to help people who have nothing and make them give money for medications to those who cannot afford to buy it in general I would make people share the wealth

• let s be honest here, I ll abuse it a little

What Guys Said 17

• I might peer into the mind of some people just for the sake of curiosity to see what's floating around in there.

But as for actually controlling them or using that power to influence them and their decisions/choices I'd never do that, it's no better then being a dictator and shame anyone who would do it, especially for selfish reasons.

It's a fun power no doubt but it would to easily get out of hand and people would most certainly abuse it, give someone especially a common person a taste of that kind of power and they'll never get enough of it.

• I'd just do mind reading at first and set limits for myself so it doesn't get out of hand. Mend some relationships that ended solely because of misunderstanding. If I can read their mind and feel what they feel I can better fix the problems we had.

Picking up girls would be a little easier with mind reading lol. I know how she's really reacting to me.

Only time I would mind control would be to help someone give up an addiction or if they wanted to let go of destructive ways of thinking or low self esteem. You give them thoughts of, "I'm good enough, I'm awesome, I can do it" and they 100% believe it. You just changed their life forever for the better.

I'd talk to alooooot of prisoners and do real rehabilitation. a lot of mental trauma victims. If a memory is too painful for someone to deal with in the moment, just make them forget.

• In the Hitchhiker's Guide series, the Belcebron people of Kakrafoon had constant telepathy - every thought was immediately broadcast to everyone in the vicinity. It would make for an interest, honest society.

Being able to do it Professor X style would be a huge advantage in this world.

• probably just use it to find out what people really think of me. Can't deny I'd be tempted to use it to know exactly how to talk to a really hot girl to seduce her..

• oh man, free food for life.

• I wouldn't use my power to make people do my bidding. But I would use my power to help people feel better with the problems they are going through.

• Take down every shady politician, they can lie verbally and get away with it, but they wouldn't be able to lie mentally and get away with it.

• Too much mischief for my own good.

• I don't like manipulating people. I grew up a lot around manipulating people and I'm so disgusted by it. I'd still want to read their mind but keep it to myself.

• I'd give the world a gift and make the Trump/Cruz battle royale fist fight a reality.

• World would be such a nicer place to live in.. For me :p

• I'd use it to force politicians to make the world a better place

• Turn them into mindless soldiers and act up my dreams of world domination

• I would force the politicans to say the truth!

• help understand people.

• No more paying for food fuck yeah! I'll still leave tips though, im not evil :P

• I can't lie, I'd use that power to get laid more easily. ;-)