Is it true that sarcastic people are annoying?

I don't remember from who or where, but I remember hearing that sarcastic people are annoying. I tend to be sarcastic all the time, but usually whenever I'm sarcastic, it's mixed with humour. I think because of that, I've became closer with people, but at the same time, I'm wondering if at some point, they see this as annoying since I'm usually naturally this way, meaning even when I don't intend to, I'm sarcastic.

Most Helpful Guy

• It can be annoying if you're always sarcastic, but overall, I wouldn't say we're annoying. Actually, I tend to use more sarcasm when I'm dealing with annoying people.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• i laugh.

there's like different ways to be sarcastic though, you can be an asshole while being sarcastic, or be the jokester while being sarcastic, or patronize someone while being sarcastic. I guess it depends how you're being sarcastic.

• It is in fact annoying when someone is trying to have a serious conversation. Sarcasm is usually used to cover up insecurities.

• Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. It has it's place, but all the time is a little annoying indeed.

• I actually think it's the opposite, it's the highest form of wit.

• @AleDeEurope I'd give that to Irony. Humor without being offensive, especially when you can communicate it with a simple expression.

• If people do it all the time it's more than annoying. Sarcasm is cheek. Offensive. It's not a social tool. You only give it to people you don't respect or who you want to embarass for saying something stupid.

• Well sarcasm all day longs makes you pain in the ass... but a small dosage once in a while can help you have more friends

• I make my friends laugh all the time with sarcasm. I've made a lot of friends due specifically to that type of humor. There are plenty of people that get offended, but they aren't fit for living.

• Well, I don't know how to take that, sarcasm ? I personally find that mixed with good intentions and humor sarcasm is really funny but it can come off as being negative or bitter if you aren't selective about the context.

• It is annoying when I am trying to have a serious conversation. But, if not? hell no, I am also.

• True!

• Your question is "do people have a perspective"?

• Never got sarcasm personally... I just don't like sarcasm... I prefer others to be obvious...

• Yeah I think they're annoying.

Sarcasm usually isn't a clever form of humor. It's so dumb that I sometimes wonder why sarcastic people even bother to open their mouths and spew their comments.

• my friend is sarcastic so if i say something stupid he reply's with sarcasm and then he says i hope u understand the sarcasm. lol

• No, not at all I just love it.

What Girls Said 9

• The only people who think sarcastic people are annoying are those who don't understand them.
    People always judge those they don't understand.
    If you're sarcastic then continue being that way,... be you!

• People always think I'm sarcastic, I'm not. I'm just honest. 💁🏽 Lots of people hate me for it but my friends love me for it.

• I've always heard that sarcastic people are intelligent, and I tend to agree.

However, with the gift of sarcasm ones great responsibility. Use your gifts for humor, not cruelty. It can be a very thin line, especially for people not well versed.

• everybody's fucking annoying!

• I'm sarcastic and I don't care

• Your description fits my bestfriend. And i'm never annoyed by sarcasm specialy if it's mixed with humor. It doesn't bother me. It depends on the person

• Oh, really?

• It depends. Some people do it exceptionally well and they end up being pretty funny.
    ... while others fail at it.

• It depends on the person, mostly. There are some who are and some who aren't. There are also some who aren't even sarcastic but are annoying af.