What's the best country in the world in your opinion?

What's the best country in the world in your opinion? And is that your own country, please also talk about it.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I don't know in terms of what you're thinking it should be the best but in terms of overall life quality (according to official annual studies done by OECD), there's two clear winners: Norway, as well as my own country Switzerland. These two countries have one of the highest life expectancy in the world, one of the highest per capita income, some of the lowest crime rates, very low unemployment rates, stable and functioning governments (Switzerland hasn't been actively involved in a war for over 200 years), high ratings on things like freedom of speech and freedom of the press, great education systems and to top it off, both countries have some very beautiful nature.

What Girls Said 14

• Australia :)
    it is my country lol, and there are many reasons but ill just say amazing landscape, amazing people, isolated from the shit happening in the rest of the world... touch wood.

• i say none, no one can agree that a country is best for everyone. america isn't fun for people who don't fit in like muslims and black people, japan is perfect but has such a high stress level that suicide is very common, Europe is the same as america, African countries like angola are perfect for natives but at the same time have government corruption although day to day life is perfect if you aren't poor. for me, angola is the best country in the world because it's mine and i belong here. no one can threaten to deport me and i can do my best as a citizen to benefit it's economy and give back to my community.

• I dunno america!

• USA! USA! USA! FUCK YEAH AMERICA!.
    Come at me.

• Canada, UK, Australia

• I would say my own country, France, because I never really lived anywhere else. But I'm pretty sure Switzerland is a great place to live in.

• I never get that why people love Eiffel Tower so much that they have the wall pictures of that shit from all over the world. It just looks like a damn big Pylons lol

• I'm from a town in the north of Zurich, so north-east of Switzerland. Unfortunately I haven't been to the Mont Saint-Michel yet but I would love to go there. I've seen pictures and it looks beautiful. I have been to the Bourgogne though (and also Paris two times as well as the Côte d'Azur). In the Bourgogne, I've just been to small towns/villages such as Cluny but I absolutely loved it. It was one of the most peaceful places I've ever been to. It's peaceful here in Switzerland too but the nature is different... it definitely feels more northern (although the actual difference isn't that big). I still remember this one day I went for a long walk with my best friend and we had a great talk and we just passed by these fields with sheep and goats on them and very old looking houses and crumbling stone walls around the fields where the weeds grow out and you can sit on them. And it was very warm but not too hot, just perfect. There was the chirring of crickets and we could here some

• birds but other than that it was perfect silence. Maybe the blating of a sheep once in a while. The air smelled like flowers and high grass and bushes and also like sun. The whole atmosphere was just so perfect. It also reminded me a bit of northern Spain. It felt like being an artist back in the 19th century, looking for a pretty sujet to paint ;-).
      Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time/money to travel at the moment but one of my dreams is to ride my bicycle from where I live all the way to the Normandie sometime. I think that's around 1,300 km, so I think it would take me around 2-3 months :-).

• USA
    then
    Canada
    Australia

• Italy.

• United States of America is the best

• Norway

• United States I live there 😜😉☺️🙃

• America fuck yeah

• so you are from america fuck yeah?

• USA, Brazil, Spain, London, etc.

• Russia, japan, norway and france

• russia? really.

• Lol french girls are nasty.

• @Josht11 Why do you say that?

What Guys Said 17

• No country really. Every country had its pros and cons. It depends on the situation that you are in at the moment to determine what is truly the best country for you. If you are rich as hell go to monaco or luxembourgh. If you are poor the scandinavian country's will be perfect for you. If you love wildlife go to africa. You could just go on and on. Eventually no country is truly the best you will always need to make compromises.

• USA, no contest. Followed by Australia, Canada, and Scandinavian countries.

My "homeland" isn't part of this list, though I do live in the US.

• no contest, your gun crime, education, obesity and Human development index would disagree with that.

• @NedfromtheNed Lol no shit america has more gun crime but they have a higher gun crime ratio than I think almost all other countries.
      The American education system is not as good as say Norway or Japan, sure there's some good opportunities but they aren't the norm.
      They are not chubby 1/3 is obese I think and I know UK is also not far behind but the UK is not #1 in my mind either. I never said UK was better it's not close to #1.

• @Josht11
      Claim: "The American education system is not as good as say Norway or Japan, sure there's some good opportunities but they aren't the norm."
      Reality: You get out of the education system what you put in to it. If you work hard, there is nothing stopping you from going to the top universities. Not even the price.

Claim: "They are not chubby 1/3 is obese I think and I know UK is also not far behind but the UK is not #1 in my mind either. I never said UK was better it's not close to #1."
      Reality: I never said the UK was number one.

Anyways, what standing do these things actually have? A volvo may have the highest saftey rating, but i sure as hell would buy one.

• The United States of America. Everyone around the world, including its own citizens, keeps on criticizing it. It's just a bunch of idiots in Congress and in voting holding us back! Capitalism is my idea of opportunity, EARNING your share, and making your way. You CAN go rags to riches in America, there are more freedoms, you have more say, the lifestyle is luxurious and more expensive than the majority of other countries, and I love the food.

Now come at me you Capitalist-hating scumbags.

• Every country has its pros and cons about it but the best in my opinion are Australia, United Kingdom, Italy, France and Japan

• Most peaceful: Canada

• America and yes it's my own country.

• The United States of America. The land of the free and the home of the brave.

• MERICA followed by Israel followed by Australia

• United States of America, easily, and then New Zealand.

• Japan, probably.

• The UK and Estonia

• england

• Vatican

• Australia is the best

• I am Indian but I would say Spain

• obviously it's USA

• Denmark followed by Australia and Sweden