Girls who wear hijab (headscarf)?

Why do guys completely make hijabis feel like nothing. They will reject any speaking interactions and also treat them like nothing (especially white guys!!) do guys seriously find it that bad?

Also wanted to point out, I am not muslim. My bestfriend is, her mother was a convert and she is too. She wears the hijab, and to any one saying it makes a girl look ugly, she won prom queen!! She is known as one of the prettiest girls at my school, yet again, boys will still treat her like nothing. Also, she is not some religious crazy lunatic, you may not know this but there actually are other girls out there (wear a hijab or not) that may have much better personalities.

Most Helpful Guy

• since im a muslim if i every date a hijabi i'll be happy as i am dating a famous celebrity :)

• That is the kindest response I've received yet :)

• thanks :)

• thanks for the MHO :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, really? Okay, actually I never know it because I live in a country that muslim is majority, even though we aren't Islam by constitutional.

I think it's very 'crazy'. I don't know either, why they hates Hijabi. Maybe it's because they think that we're terrorist. Ugh! I hate that thought very much.

And second, I've seen comments on youtube, one of them said that Muslim have very low intelligence maybe it's the reason why they (white guys especially) reject Hijabi. Oh, it's very very unreasonable! I don't know how can they even thought about it! Which theory is it? :/

Assalamualaykum. May peace be upon you, Ukhti. :)

What Guys Said 26

• I wouldn't date a Muslim, just like I wouldn't date a Christian, Jew or Hindu (and probably a few others of the sort). Plus: while I don't have anything against religious freedom and women wearing it because they want to, I personally think it makes girls ugly. We've got quite a lot of Muslims in my country and when I see them on the street, I keep thinking "you've got such a pretty face and such nice hair, why would you hide that under a headscarf just because some stupid old books tells you to?" Like I said, I respect religious freedom but I think it's very silly (and no, I'm not biased. I also think it's ridiculous when grown men in the Vatican wear dresses and silly looking hats because supposedly that's somehow gonna impress god).

• A lot of Middle Eastern women look basically white to me. If you can only see their face, though, none of their beauty shows. Which I guess is the point. I never actually knew Middle Eastern women were hot, for a long time. Then I dated a Muslim for a bit, but she didn't wear a hijab. If she would have, I probably wouldn't have dated her.

I'm not religious, so I'm not going to date any fervently religious chicks. Regardless of if they're Muslim or Christian or Catholic or whatever. Okay, that chick I dated was an exception, because she was ridiculously hot and playful. I'm talking like 10/10.

But still, wearing a blanket on your head all day is just weird. Come on. Yes, I know it's a custom, and I'm not judging them for wearing it--not in a hateful way, anyway--but it's just weird.

I mean, you have to know that if she covers up her beauty out of religious piety, then guys aren't going to go "Oh, she's definitely going to put out."

Then, at the same time, the whole world is kinda at war with radical Muslims. It doesn't matter if they're not radical. No one knows if they are or what their perceptions are. They are related to the enemy, no matter how tenuously. That's going to produce a bit of anxiety in anyone.

I delivered pizza right. I'm one of the most egalitarian people you'll ever meet. But I delivered to several Mosques, and every single time I was just like "I really hope they don't blow up." That is not something I consciously thought. It was simply a feeling I had, a feeling I couldn't control. It's natural fear in response to similarities with enemies.

If they wear a hijab, that puts them closer to Middle Eastern culture than Western culture. And that is kinda scary to a lot of people. Again. You have to understand it from an instinctual point of view, not a moral one. Most people understand the morality, "I will try to accept you, because that's what we do." That is separate from the instinctual fear of potential enemies.

• I would not date a Muslim or any other religious person.

• Why not?

• Because it is a very serious character flaw (and, yes, I know that you would disagree). I would say, by the way, that, whatever your beliefs on religion are, you're not taking those views of yours very seriously, if you would date someone who disagrees with you on that matter.

• No it was curiosity, I wouldn't date someone who'd disagree with me on the matter. I think religion shows dedication and this generation are losing any sense of control in their lives

• If by white you mean non-muslim, it's because the hajib means you're Muslim. Muslim means you're not allowed to be involved with non Muslim men.

• Non muslim, or muslim, my bestfriend friend is half Bulgarian so she has slightly tanned skin, which (apparently) guys don't like judging from that.

• I could of course be wrong, but I really doubt that it's the skin color. It's the religious implications of approaching a Muslim girl PLUS the fact that hajibs hide a woman's best features, like her hair.

• I don't see too many women really wear a hijab on a daily basis to begin with, and if I do I'm usually just walking by, or at walmart. I guess the guys who intentionally treat you bad, probably don't like or trust Muslims to begin with. Others might be neutral towards you, but they are just going on about their day like anyone else. Also, some guys just keep to themselves and are naturally quiet.

• Well I'd assume she's either A) crazy religious or B) a doormat, I have no interest in either.

• Those assumptions are completely wrong. I guess I understand which side is more stupid (no offence)

• Maybe in your case, but its not a totally unreasonable assumption. Most girls wearing them are brainwashed or clueless (no offence)

• How do we know she is pretty if she is wearing the hijab? Did she wear the hijab when she was crowned prom queen?
    This is America, if she wants to wear the hijab, fine. But I don't have to like it, as is my right.
    And sadly, the religion has a bad rap, which is not about to go away anytime soon; and that is what you and her are dealing with.

• It's strange to us.

• Well, where I'm from (America) there are a lot of people who have some form of racism towards Muslims and Islam as a whole and they extend that to people wearing hijabs as well. Personally, I don't judge anyone based on their religion (unless there killing in its names god good please stop) but a hijab would not be a no-go for me. I like getting to know people and make decisions based on who they are, not how they look. But a lot of people make there decisions right off the bat after visually seeing someone.

• Unfortunately, yes. It makes us think we wouldn't be approved of at all. And please remove it and show us your lovely hair!

• I am not interested in interacting with people who want to steal my country and exterminate my race.

• no it is that we dont understand it. is it religious , cultural, or a combination. since we dont know and understand we ignore it.

• More like Muslim babez who wear the hijabs are closeminded BIATCH that guve anyone a cold shoulder when approaching them or juz trying to talk. They will push u away almost instantly without getting to know the person first. Chk on ur breed first before chking on other breeds baby 👌🏼

• hijabs are sexy as fuck

• Because being around someone tied down to a culture that is detrimental to itself and others is nerve racking for most. I honestly don't care because I've read the Qu'ran and its rather to fascist for my liking.

• Probably because those guys aren't Muslims and don't plan on ever being a Muslim.

• Because one shouldn't date a moslem.

• Personally. I don't wanna.. Die.

• She won't kill you? 😂

• where do you live? where im from hijabis are looked at normally or worth their weight in gold

• yes! I find it awkward talking to people who cover there face because I then I can't see emotions and it makes it hard to know what there feeling.

• In the USA, this is not normal custom. Here we have a secular, non-religion based government and culture. As such, it is weird to us.

• yes, not nomal in the usa.

• Absolutely gross... as gross as glasses and braces... never understood why some gals wear 'em...

• The headscarf for religious purpose and the other two for necessity purposes -_-

• So? Ya don't wanna look more attractive?

• To me there's a few reasons I wouldn't seek any social interaction (which does not mean I am particularly against it should there be cause to interact):

1. Almost certainly religious. As an atheist this screams "likely won't get along" (doubly so when it is Islam as opposed to Christianity (reason being that Christians are usually not particularly devout compared to muslims).
    2. Opposing cultures. We want to interact with people akin to ourselves since we are more likely to receive validation. The Hijab and cultural differences might make for interesting conversation but they're not promising for the likelihood of any sort of relation, friendly or otherwise.

Those are the big two for me.
    Now it isn't about every girl with a hijab being religious or difficult for me to associate with, not at all, but it is far more likely than if I approached a girl without a hijab. It's the same with black girls for example, heck, they can be stunningly beautiful and just as interesting in every way but I will tend to assume we have less in common than I would with a white girl and be less likely to make that initial interaction. I believe the same applies to her.

I hope you're seeing the point.

Outside of that as to why I am not giving the hijab itself more attention: To me in my little personal world a hijab is a symbol of religious oppression and backwards thinking. Instead of projecting my view onto people I would probably ignore that a girl is wearing it altogether. It seems like an efficient compromise to not step on each other's toes.

• There are plenty of girls I can date without fear of an honor killing from her big bro.

• My reasons are more based on traumatic experiences overseas. As a safety precaution for muslim people I keep a distance because for some reason if something triggers I may lose control and forget where I am. This goes for male and female. I fully understand not everyone is alike and majority of muslims don't support the wars but I was able to stay alive by recognising clothing and being able to tell who was who.

Thats me personally and a few friends who serve. Normally speaking its known that females who practice islam tend to seek out men who practice the same and if they don't, then they expect the guy to convert, most of the time. And that is demanding in any circumstance.

What Girls Said 6

• I guess you just come off as a serious person, you are taboo and hide yourself that's what is going through their mind. I don't mind it but i think you should be able to show the lovely hair god gave you, it's not like guys are some perverts getting horny by hair, wear long tops and skirts but leave your hair and face out of that

• I'm not sure where your from but most men here don't care whether you were a hijab or not. Your human. The only reason why any man would treat a muslim women harshly is because they already have the mind set that muslims women aren't the ones they'd wanna have interactions with. It's not because they find muslim women intimidating or terrorists. Sometimes, one may run into someone who really hates muslims. A hijab is just a head scarf.

• I think they take it as a intimidation factor. Like they might think you're very religious.. And some of them just don't want to get involved because of stereotypes. There are tons of factors that should be taken into consideration. Don't give up though. Keep trying

• guess it's doing it's job right? isn't a hijab's point to make guys not interested? all these answers confirm it.

• Hijabs are beautiful. Muslims are beautiful. Not all muslims are bad people. Girls who wear hijabs are beautiful and shouldn't feel ashamed. I hope your friend learns to love herself. (:

• I find them very pretty