If you saw a woman physically abusing a man would you step in to stop it?

Or would you think he could take it? or maybe even deserved it?

Most Helpful Guy

• After seeing videos like these:

https://youtu.be/dtVHnZX8E50

... yes, I would step in and stop her.

• I'm speechless... its sad to think if I heard that I wouldn't step in either if she accused him of cheating I mean, I'll have to change that

• @Mustachekitteh So are you saying it doesn't look real and shouldn't be stopped?

• I'm only saying it's not real because I'm seeing that it's a video and they even say they are acting it out.

Now if I saw this physically and had no idea. I would still step in since the chick doesn't seem to hard to pull away.

What Guys Said 27

• Probably I don't like to see anyone getting beat up. Even though that would be pathetic seeing a man getting beat up by a girl

• It would depend on a lot of factors: the situation, the violence used, the presence of cops and what I know about the persons involved.

• I'd for sure summon the police to put a stop to it. Abuse is abuse.

• Since I probably can stop the woman without getting hurt, I would. But if she has a weapon, then I'd call the cops.
    Like in the other question, I'm not putting my life at risk for a stranger.

• If I don't know them, then I won't stop it. I will mind my own business.

• Probably. Men who do not defend themselves when they are assaulted by a woman are fools.
    Any woman who tries to hit me will receive a world of gender equality.

• i would step in to stop it, but i know everybody won't, all the hypocrites people won't stop it. i even saw a video a woman beating a man i public and nobody stopping her and when that woman geting beated up by a man then everyone's stopping that guy,

• hahahahahahaaaaaa
      i remember those drunk too
      but hell... it was a great pain : v

• I would bite her in the neck

Or just throw her off whatever works

• To be quite honest, I have a problem with misreading situations, so even if it was a woman I would probably stay out of it. If things got fatally violent THEN I would step in.

• I would film it and give it to the police and media, A Voice For Men at the very least, and have her in jail. If I could, I would even pay for the man's lawyer to get her maximum time in jail and raise awareness of legal and media bias against men in such cases.
    I would also film bystanders and her supporters and have them humiliated as much as possible and held legally responsible if possible.
    Social, psychological and legal revenge is more important to me than physical.

• Depends on the abuse. A slap across the face would probably be deserved and I will keep my distance but if she's beating the shit out of him (especially if he's somehow defenseless) I will most definitely try stop her.

• If a man slapped a woman would you also think she probably 'deserved' it?

• I don't think any amount of talk 'deserves' physical violence. The only time such violence is necessary is in self defense.

• @Toad-1 I agree. Words don't warrant violence.

• There is a stigma placed on a man who is being abused he often times suffers in silence.

• My friend did that once and was on phone trying to call the cops.
    The man gave my friend one whack on his face.

• Depends.

If she's just kicking the shit out of him, well, y'know. He ain't gonna get hurt too bad.

If she's going at him with a knife or something I'll aim for the head.

• No because scociety would automatically make me a bad guy when she cries danger even if she really wasn't in danger

• I think i would

• Nope.

• No, let him handle his own thing.

• Obviously

• Yes.

• It's not my business !!

• I'd not give a shit whether it's a man abusin' a woman... or a woman abusin' a man... none of ma fuckin' business...

• Even defending yourself against a woman can get a guy turned into the bad guy. Guys pretty much have to just stand there and let a woman beat him or he gets in trouble. Any guy watching it happen is bound by the same sexist standards, making it impossible for him to help without getting into trouble.

I was once being bulied by a girl and told her I would hit her back if she didn't stop it, and about 10 guys threatened to kick my ass if I did. At seeing the little bitch smile as she thought she had free reign to bully me, I made it clear if I was going to get my ass kicked then I was really going to hurt her. She backed down, but I was seen as the bad guy for standing up for myself. We really need to end the double standard about not hitting girls, as if they were any different than guys. It promotes violence against men.

I would record it with my phone and turn it into the police so at least the man would have evidence. That is about all I feel I could do.

• Probably not. I don't know who started it and it might be deserved. Just like the earlier question where a guy was hitting a girl I still wouldn't do anything. I don't know who did what.

• i would slap the girls ass really REALLY hard so there 2 outcomes

1, hopefully he gets mad at me and stands up to me and shows his strong side
    and possibly show her that he's the boss and yells at her or something

2, show her that violence is not the answer
    that some guy out there will hit her back and she's lucky to have a man that doesn't hit her back

oh.. and to get a feel of some ass ofcourse

• Fuck that bitch up with a left South paw hook uhhhh double. standards beayaaaaatch

• Yeah i'd help the poor fella, men are just as much victims

What Girls Said 6

• I'd be like "Hold up! What's going on here?" and they would stop and I would like to hear why she is being that way, nonetheless I would tell her that violence whether it be verbal or physical is wrong and that if she is so bothered to step away and think things through and then discuss things like a healthy couple should. If she didn't stop or got aggressive I would back away and call the police because no one deserves to be abused like that. It's sad how men always blame their scratches on a "cat" to not seem weak, guys should speak up too because some women are just terrible. Society should raise awareness on this, but yeah that's what I would do ^ :)

• Call the cops first and then i would. I think I would be strong enough to hold the woman back from going after the dude.

• i wouldn't stop any fight in the street, that's none of my business first of all i have my own business to care about also i am not physically capable of holding back anyone i am a weakling. i'd probably get my ass beat by her.

• I would leave I'm not dealing with that I don't even know how I'm gonna stop it I'm just a gay dude

• Depends. I don't like getting involved in things but I might feel more outgoing that day.

• I would step in because no-one should abuse anyone no matter if they 'deserved' it or not