Why are people rude to Customer Service and Technical Support?

Is there a reason that people are rude to Customer Service reps? Like do people realize that they aren't the ones who created the policy or terms for the services that were used? Even before I took that job, my senses told me that getting upset with them on the phone isn't going to fix anyting. So why do people act like upset kids?

What Girls Said 1

• Because at the heart of it that is exactly what they are upset kids having tantrums because they bought something and it broke or they felt the service provider or tech support was not enough. I admit I have a tantrum or two

What Guys Said 2

• That's because customer service people are the first, and often the only point of contact for the customer. I agree that being rude is not justified, but poor customer service or a defective product does annoy people. It's their hard earned money, after all.

• stop being so sensitive lol, people get pissed when their shit goes wrong

• Im not sensitive, Its simply a job. When I break my shit me throwing a fit isn't going to fix it tho lol that is what i'm saying. It's technology, gotta treat it right.