Being Honest VS Being an Asshole : Your Verdict?

Are the following sentences offensive or just someone's brutally honest opinion.( these are not my opinion btw)
1. I think fat women are disgusting.
2. I think all black women are ugly.
3. I think all Muslims are stupid for believing in Islam.
4. Liberal arts degrees are worthless.

• All 4 of the statements are offensive.
  • None of those statements are offensive.
  • Only Some of those comments are offensive but not all of them

Most Helpful Girl

• Both. Those statements might be the person's honest opinion, but we can also judge them for being tactless and offensive. We can think they're wrong for saying those things.

They should be allowed to say it, though. Just as others who disagree should be allowed to say it's disgusting and offensive to have those opinions.

What Girls Said 9

• You have the work DICK written across your forehead -__-
    Were you aware of that?

• those are not his opinions though

• @lenomgrass
      Oh well I apologize to the qa and my opinion applies to the morons that those options do apply to.

• No. He's a dick for even typing these sentences and putting them in the environment. No
      Passes.

• They're all opinions. And you're entitled to them buuut... people are entitled to think you're an asshole over them. So unless you wanna be thought of as an asshole it's probably better to keep them to yourself :/

• not much opinion in there, just a lot of mindless bis. the person sounds like an idiot. basically.

• These are all offensive and incredibly rude and prejudice.

• Nothing. They are just very flat in their thinking. Its one sided.

• All of them are offensive except number 4.

• they are pretty offensive

• they were all offensive

• not offensive just the cold hard truth...

What Guys Said 8

• It's both offensive and also brutally honest. I say this because sometimes brutally honest opinions can be offensive also.

• Dude... Being honest doesn't mean that you're right. There has to be some fact to support your statement. Otherwise you're just being a dick.

• Yes, they are offensive because they are generalizations. Extreme ones at that.

• Each of those could have easily been worded differently to avoid being confrontational/offensive. Thus he's an honest asshole- but still an asshole.

• 3 is a maybe. The rest are 100% true to me.

• 1, might be honest
    2. might also be honest,
    3. is offensive.
    4. is offensive too i think.

• it can only be offensive if it offends someone and I'm not offended so I cannot judge

• Since these are all opinions (except number four but that one is more or less true anyhow) it is honesty. Now does it make the person saying it look like an unappealing asshole? Yes, Yes it does. Are they worded offensively? Yes, yes they are.

Still honest as far as opinions goes. I find popcorn to be yucky.