What to wear to a funeral?

What type of clothing? What colors (other than black) are acceptable? etc...
(Sorry, this sounds really vain, but the last one I went to was when I was a child)

Most Helpful Guy

• it isn't a vain question. it's a very good question. funerals are one of those things that everyone is expected to just know how to behave at, and they happen (if you are lucky) so rarely that most people don't have practice with it.

Anything that are dark, somber colors, and clothing that looks more formal, should be acceptable.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on how close you are related to the person. Also attitudes are changing towards what to wear at a funeral. A nice dress, business casual would probably be the least formal a girl should wear. For a guy a nice shirt and slacks, I've seen guys in jeans at a funeral before but it looks kind of tacky. Normally everyone else is dressed up a little, it's a sign of respect for the person.

What Guys Said 3

• Wear an APPROPRIATE black/dark blue dress.
    Men should wear a dark suit.

• Something spicy.

• White or any very light clothing.

What Girls Said 3

• Thats okay. I personally wouldn't wear colours other than black or grey. Some families request white and thats the only time i do it

• Dark, formal clothing. Try not to show a lot of skin. A modest black dress would work.

• Grey.
    Or... Lavender.

Some people said that lavender reflects morning in a soft way.

PS: I've read that in a book which I forget the title.
    May that person Rest in Peace...