What would you choose: saving lives or becoming a billionaire?

Let's say a terrorist group offered you limitless financial resources if you help their next big attack in your country, which will kill thousands, succeed. Assume you're the only who can help them do it and if it goes right, they'll keep their promise—you'll live a life of luxury as a billionaire. (Don't say they can't/won't do it, go with the scenario here)

If you don't do it, you won't get any money, but you can report them and prevent the terrorist attack. What would you do?

• Help the attack and become a billionare
  • Prevent the attack and save lives
If you help, bo one will know and you will not go to jail

Most Helpful Guy

• Save the lives, no question.
    Couldn't live with myself otherwise, and as long as I don't fuck up my career I'll be totally ok financially.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would pretend to be on their side and then be reporting everything word for word to the police. No way in hell am I helping those nasty fucking sons of bitches. Idc whether there's no chance of me getting caught. Im a humanitarian I love helping people and im not going to watch other die to get money cause all it is is just a piece of fucking paper that can be reprinted but a life can never be brought back. And to those who said they would take the money... serious psychos and I'd be wary of them

What Guys Said 32

• Implying that I would seriously care about receiving public adoration for doing the right thing.

Implying that I wouldn't be happy and satisfied in my room, cranking out push-ups while feeling like fucking Superman because of what I helped stop.

• Hmm... This is quite simple. Any one person's life is worth more than the money in the world. If there were thousands of those precious things called "life" It'd be pretty stupid to take the money. You can gain and lose money, but you can't gain another life. I'm still asking myself. Who the hell would take some thousand lives, for something like money?

• Saving lives is my main choice. Because as much as I love money, I love my very own country a whole lot more & would never sell myself out to my enemies who's trying to destroy me & the rest of the world. I would do the best I can to save as much lives as I can as well as adding those civilians as my team of allies so that we can all fight back against the people who are trying to zero us all. To me it's not really about money however it mainly about Good Vs Evil. By the way, there could be another award/reward for the good people who has eliminated the corrupted people who tried to end us first. And it could be something that's just as valuable as billions of dollars.

• Without the risk of going in jail for it? I would easily choose to help them and become a billionaire.

• I would for sure help people and try to save some if I could.. as far as being a billionaire.. that does not interest me.. I have been just making ends meet so far, like most on this planet.. and having all that money I think may change me in a lot of ways.. I like my life as it is now.. it is a great fit for me even tho I now wear diapers and rubber pants daily.. I cannot take that day back that caused me to be wearing them.. but I still am a happy campers

• This is a stupid venture to undertake. Eventually it will be tracked down. It will. And when that happens, you're done for.

• Assume it won't. Go with the scenario

• Sorry, a billion dollars can't soothe my guilty conscience of killing a thousand people.

• Save lives. It's concerning at the amount of people who voted otherwise. I don't give a shit about the money because it would come from the expense and lives of millions. I'd rather be poor or average and content with what I have.

• That's easy - saving lives.

• that's like selling your soul to the devil 1000 times. No thanks. I'll report them

• I would prevent, its a catch 22 as I could wipe out the terrorist group with my billion and have plenty of intel... but at what cost.
    I would choose the saving lives, however, its simply not going to stop the next.

• Here's how it'd play out.
    1) Join them, take that money.
    2) And then Kill them.

• I would save the lives. If they are offering you a billion dollars that must mean there's something bigger at stake. The attack will probably so effective that your enemies would defeat your country, or send it into ruin and collapse. Do you realize how much wealth you would lose overall? Anyone who would take the billion is short sighted and doesn't see the big strategic picture. Aside from that, I'm not killing my own people for the fucking enemy, if anything I'd work to kill them.

• Also, a billion dollars doesn't hold any value if your country collapses, or if the economy is so bad there is nothing to buy with it.

• @asker I still wouldn't. That would mean the attack would be profitable enough for them to even offer you a billion dollars. Money isn't everything, you can't take it with you when you die. Aside from that picture the 3 and 4 year old children melting to death because of your greed and the fact that you sold out to the enemy.

• @asker I'm picturing a micro nuclear device going off as a result of selling out lol.

• If this is the situation, save lives

But if I get the choice between like feeding starving kids in Africa vs. Billions, u know my answer

• What profit to gain the entire world but lose your soul

• World's overpopulated anyway, what's a few thousand for a few billion? That's just economic efficiency.

• In your scenario the guy must blowup himself in order to get the money.. That's actually goes with the saying "Get rich or die trying"!
    I'M ABOUT TO DIE RICH! 😂

• You're not blowing yourself up. You're helping people who will blow themselves up

• I chose save lives, but I have a question.

Say I'm an asshole and go along with it, can I be like the gates and donate to charities and relief efforts and such, or am I not allowed to help anyone with the money?

• Voted A

• I'd never betray my country for those towel-headed bastards.

• I'd rather have the billion dollars.

• No hesitation, save lives

• I'll take the money. People die every day what do I care.

• Saving lives was always been my dreamjob and money is just.. money so Ill go for the second option.

• Apparently 25 people are selfish ASSHOLES!
    LIFE IS GOOD! Enjoy it while it lasts!!!

• Becoming billionaire by saving lives.. How's it?

• What's a billion worth when you get caught?

• Assume you'll never get caught

• I'd most likely not report them, I'd cut off ties with them and never mention it to anyone.

• Don'f be too realistic, go with the hypothetical scenario

• Hmmmmm...

• I would take the cash let the attack roll. Turn around build a bomb and nuke the f**kers to hell and back.

• i'll become a billionaire pls. i like animals more than humans anyway :D

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 12

• I actually am sickened by how many people said that they would take the money. You would have innocent people's blood on your hands. How could you live with yourself?

• That's what I thought, but I didn't want to judge anyone so I didn't say it

• I'm shocked at the high result for A tbh

• That's the internet, where no one has to pretend to be a decent human being

• i would never do something that would hurt anyone ESPECIALLY my own people. money is a concept but my conscience would eat me alive.

• If you can sleep at night after killing thousands then you are an actual shit's shit.

• Save lives. The life of others is so much more important than something which doesn't really exist & is manmade. In an ideal world we would share resources equally & people wouldn't have more money than sense or be poor enough to starve to death.

• Money isn't the most important thing to me. I'd never live with myself knowing I helped kill anybody.

• I would never in my life for any price team up with terrorists.

• sorry to be selfish but I'd rather be a billionaire.

too many people on this earth

don't agree, well I don't care.

• Save lives

• I miss and clicked A! NO! I'm doomed to hell now
    Save the lives. That's worth more than any amount of money
    Not only saving those lives who would be killed in the attack, but also the people who loved them.

• I couldn't do that.

• shit... i don't give a fuck.
    i would take a billion dollars!
    i have no guilt.