I am a nice guy. Girls don't like me though. Does that mean I am not as nice a guy as I thought?

Women say they like nice guys.
I think I am a nice guy.
Women don't like me.
Am I not nice enough?

• You need more niceness.
  • You are nice enough, just wait for the right girl, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• We like more than niceness unfortunately. You still have to be confident, not a pushover, somewhat attractive to our own individual standards, etc.

Being nice alone isn't enough. You need to have other qualities as we, or I should say I because I speak for myself, like well rounded individuals.

It's like being pretty for a girl. Will that help? Yes. But is it enough to keep a man? Nope. They still want a sweet girl, who's somewhat smart, has manners, is responsible, etc.

You can't just offer one quality or excel in only one quality and expect for it to be enough. This applies to men and women.
    And of course I'm speaking about actual, lasting relationships, not just hit and quit types.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do I think.. This guy is a troll in the making..

What Girls Said 12

• Maybe the answer is not more niceness, but rather adding other traits as well. Confidence is an important one. Humor is another big one. Intelligence, passion, social skills, ambition, authenticity, responsibility, common interests, physical attraction are others that you can strive for.

Hope this helped!

• Nice is like the basic standard of human morality, it shouldn't be your defining factor. Sure there are plenty of men and women out there who are assholes but I expect most people to at least be nice. If nice is all you have to offer then how do you expect anyone to be interested in you? What else do you have to offer besides the minimal requirements of being a decent human being?

• It's not enough to just be nice. Yes, everyone should be kind, but what other positive qualities do you have? Attractiveness is important to an extent as well.

• .. women like nice guys, among many other things.
    If the only thing you can bring to the relationship is the ability to practice human decency, you're not the greatest catch. When women say they like guys who are nice ie. friendly and all, they mean guys who are smart, funny, somewhat intelligent, someone they share good sexual chemistry with AS WELL AS nice.

• Hard to say without knowing what you think constitutes "nice". But what you've got to understand is that when we say we want a guy who is nice, we don't mean that being nice is the only thing that matters. No amount of niceness will make a girl attracted to a guy who's got nothing else going on that she's into.

Nice is honestly just a bare minimum default thing we want and expect from ANY guy we date - it's not what attracts us to him. What attracts us varies by individual, but most of us want a guy who's confident / self-assured, genuine, and shares some of our interests.

• One (or more) of three possible reasons:

1. You're not as nice as you say you are.
    2. You don't have many other attractive qualities other than being nice.
    3. You just don't realize when a girl is into you.

• Are you nice (=kind) or just a pushover?

• Men are like apples on a tree. The nice ones are at the top and the bad ones are at the bottom. when a girl/woman walks past she probably notices the nice ones at the top of the tree but is too scared of hurtinv herself if the tries to climb that tree to get the good Apple so she chooses a bad one. You've just gotta wait for a girl that is brave enough to not be scared of falling and risk her life for you. Just wait. It will all be worth it in the end.

• Women like nice guys who are also sexually attractive. It's not enough to just be nice.

• i like neutral nice and bad

• Try making them laugh, a good sense of humour + niceness = attractive. Looks play a role too.

• Good sense of humor lol what is that

• The only thing i find funny is the right comment in the right time. Here is an example that happened today:
      Friend: Hi how are you doing
      Me: good.
      F: what is wrong
      Me: my crush is not talking to me anymore
      F: why?
      Me: cuz she said i speak nonsense sometimes after asking her "you dont want to talk to me anymore" i took that as a yes.
      F: If i google the word drama queen ur name would pop up😂😂

• @JohnMike999 Aha, everyone's different.

• Less niceness pls.
    http://youtu.be/IBsOu44Tj2E

What Guys Said 5

• For what it's worth, here's what I had to say about nice guys and dating:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a6577-do-nice-guys-finish-last

• Lol, I assume you're a troll bc man I've read your comments. Stone cold realism and insight!! So I assume you are aware enough to realize the whole sham behind below average nice guys thinking the hot girl rejected them because they are,.. nice.

• It takes a lot more than niceness to get a girl. Don't "wait for the right girl"! Be the right guy. Improve yourself. Work on your social skills, and do everything you can to make yourself a better man

• Maybe you're being too nice to women over treating them as an equal human being. Being too nice might mean they think you're desperate or a wimp.

• It also makes us feel like we're being put on a pedestal, which feels very dehumanizing.

• Agree with both you and @Sara413. We want to date a guy who is our partner and our equal. We don't like to feel like we're doing him a favor by dating him.

• Women like assholes until they hit the wall in looks. After that, they look for nice guys to settle down with. If you have any self respect, you'd just walk away from women. Don't settle for a woman who slept around in her youth.