What parking/driving tips can you give?

Also, how to calculate, when parallel parking, if you can back up a little more because obviously, it's not possible to see where my car ends (well, my mom's car) and I don't know if I can keep backing up. The same thing happens with the front of the car. What are some tips for calculating the space?

Anyway, any parking/driving tips are good!

Most Helpful Guy

• The only thing that I can tell you is that practice, practice, prractice! I was in your position and I used to shit bricks because I had to learn to drive in NYC.

In regards to parallel parking, here's what you do:

-find a spot and make sure that you'll fit. If you're unsure or feel uneasy, don't risk it.
    -when you find a spot that that will fit, line up parrarelel to the car
    -turn the wheel all the way and back up to the spot
    -when your car is halfway to the bumper of the other car, turn the wheel the other way in the other direction
    -rock back and fourth until your perpendicular to the curb

The more you do it, the better you'll be.

Good luck!

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Driving isn't something you can explain, you just have to do it and get a feel for it- know how much space the car takes up, how fast you can go in the conditions, etc.
    Nothing but practice will help.