I am not allowed to smile in my passport photo. How can I avoid looking semi-murderous?

I have to take a passport photo soon but I am not allowed to smile. My resting bitch face is so bad I look murderous how can I avoid that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Smile with your eyes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Smile with your eyes - I know, sounds dumb, and there is a slight chance of looking like a psychopathic murderer, but try it. Think of something that makes you happy or want to laugh but not badly enough that you actually will and keep your expression blank. See if that doesn't improve it slightly.

What Guys Said 12

• Think a sexy thought but at the same time think that you do not want people to suspect that, It should give you a kind of smile that isn't really a smile.

• Only one choice... Own that murderer look 😳

• Or just give a look that looks like you are about to be murdered 😱

• I think you're a bit too self conscious. We all think we look awkward on photos and passports. Just be.. awkward, and sod it.

• Turn the murderous look into a smouldering one ;P

• Don't avoid it. Have that murderous face. It may get you through the line quicker.

"Holy crap, I don't want to mess with this chick... she's insane! --- Go ahead ma'am. Have a nice day."

• Nobody cares about that just stop fraeking out.

• Do the george clooney squint.

Then again it's a passport photo so it'll probably still look bad.

• duckface

• Screw it. Embrace your resting bitch face. RBF can be hot

• You might not be allowed to smile but your eyes smile too, smile with your eyes instead ;)

• It's ok to look murderous.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• I know how that is. My face tends to look bland and boring. I could advise you to wear a bit of makeup. Nothing to heavy, prob a nude eyeliner here, a dash of power there or just mascara and nothing else. It would soften your appearance a bit. Also, the color of your top would help. Try soft colors, not pastel as those may disappear in the background. Try a fuchsia or purple or royal blue. Something that makes you pop. Hope I helped.

• I know its sucks ):

• lol i look like a serial killer in mine. i dont really care lol

• lol I couldn't not smile, so in mine I made that face where you're forcing yourself not to smile but you can't do it. so its like a messed up version of the duck face. omg it looks so embarrassing.

• My passport and ID photos look like mugshots too. So I can relate, lol

• Try going for a lowkey Kylie jenner pouty face

• Ask the photographer: he's experienced.

• hahaha, raise your eyebrows and let your lips part a bit. also, smile with your eyes.

• hahahhaha omg if only u could see my picture xD just embrace the murderous look lol

• Smile with your eyes ☺

• Pout a liiitttllleee.