What do Americans think of British people?

Us Brits see Americans as lovely people, I'm wondering, what do Americans thinks of us Brits?

I know there has been a debate for years on who's better, but really, we're equal and both of our countries are the best in the world (my opinion of course), America and Britain has always had a strong relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• No two countries have such a close relationship as does the UK and the U. S. England is America's mother country and the source of our shared language and most of our culture. We have fought side-by-side in war time and helped each other out when times were tough. I have the greatest regard for the UK and the British people. Your great war time leader, Winston Churchill, may be more of a hero in America than there in Britain. The West could use leaders like Churchill right now with all that its facing.

What Girls Said 11

• I can't say that I have an opinion on British people as a whole. I don't actually know any on a personal level, but I believe good people exist in all countries and cultures. There's the stereotype that you guys are super classy and drink tea all the time, haha.

"America and Britain have always had a strong relationship."
    Heh, no... this just isn't true. Ever learn about the American Revolution? I'm glad our countries are close allies now, though. History is truly fascinating.

• I think they are cute!

• I totally love them. Well the ones I've met. Especially
    @suitandtie
    @levin
    @thebravelion
    @alexious

They always are one step ahead of me and so witty. They all put up a tough front but are really a bunch of softies. That's right... softies.

• British people have interesting accents but i can't be around it for too long , it seems like your more sophisticated which is good but can be a bit boring. i dont know i never had a British friend, just met a few British people before so i really can't say too much

• I totally dig @TheBraveLion

• I like them.

• They are cool and are often quite the charmers!

• They hav a nice accent

• I don't know but Saudis think they are handsome, productive, Stylish

• I like Brits there nicer then Americans

• I like the British. They are classy and intelligent.
    I wish I could go to London someday

What Guys Said 18

• I'm neither American nor British, but I find Americans a bit nicer. Besides, I have trouble understanding British accent! :P

• Really,
      There are some American Accents that are just as bad.

• @Waffles731
      Is that so? I haven't had much exposure to too many accents!

• Yeah while general American is easy to understand.
      There are like at least a dozen regional accents and the southern accent can be hard to understand if its too heavy

• "Us Brits see Americans as lovely people"

Do you bollocks. You see Americans as fat, ignorant, arrogant, loud, obnoxious war mongerers. You dislike them and yet find them strangely fascinating. My source for this is over a decade spent living in the UK with a Canadian accent (which to most British people is the same as American) and enduring comments about the above constantly.

Americans have more respect for the British, albeit through a misguided haze about the aristocracy. Everyone is either dead posh or a cockney, unless they're Scottish (which is just outside London, don't you know)

• Not everyone does :)! We aren't all posh, some of us are fat and loud too. I think how we speak makes us sound more posh, but really we're the same as Americans. I would love to visit America one day!

• Thanks for the positive attitude, and apologies for my cynicism.

• Lol I think Brits tend to be rather irritating. Chicks totally dig them but honestly they:

1. Swear WAY too much, don't deny it
    2. I cannot understand them for SHIT, especially the ones that don't live in London
    3. They can be snarky, sarcastic and almost as rude as me

U might think this is a generalization but it IS part of their culture! But, alas, the U. K. is too large to set my sights on. If I am to conquer an empire, I must start smaller.

• I Love Brits!!

• They seem nice.

Nicer than Americans I'll tell you that much.

• Like any other group of people some I respect and admire greatly including my personal heroes, J. R. R Tolkien and T. E Lawrence. Some are utter monsters, and most are just decent people trying to live their lives.
    Though, "America and Britain has always had a strong relationship."
    Not always, Prior to WW1 we basically hated each other.

• Please use American English. My boss is a great guy but when he ask for something using a lot of British terms its confusing

• I consider y'all to be more witty than Americans typically, though your humor and slang are often completely foreign to me. The average Brit also gives the impression of having a better grasp of the English language, at least based on my anecdotal experiences. UK people are more liberal than I would like, but overall y'all are a swell lot of folk. :-)

• I've liked the ones I met. Nice people.

• I love them. The woman are very sexy. One of my former employees was British. Great guy

• I love a good British accent 😄

• Where has your head been buried all this time. the americans may be many things but lovely certainly isn't one of them.

• They talk funny

• I simply don't understand why they changed music direction in 90s... in 80s British were New Wave and Stadium Rock... in 90s they became fuckin' idiotic Britpop...

• Where would America be without such a strong loyal Allie.

• The only thing I hate about English people is how they all like to call us Americans fat. Which I never understood that shit. I guess some people in Europe just don't understand how we Americans weigh ourselves. That or they are just jealous that we have bigger portions of food. Americans think when we buy food we should get a lot for a lot less money. But other then that I like them I agree with a lot of their views on Politics. I

• We aren't jealous, we just don't like having huge portions of food here, and not all of us see Amercians as fat people.

• Americans *

• I don't understand why you wouldn't want more food. That's just weird to me.

• Boring and prude.

• Bad teeth, annoying accent, hoity toity, and they get real ugly after about 25.

• We don't have bad teeth... sorry but here we feel your accent is annoying too. Just look at the fat people in your country over 25, sorry to say that.

• We don't have bad teeth. Due to the NHS dental care is cheap.

• the yanks have the worst accent of all and their festivals are fucking crap, especially Halloween, and they have no sense of humour. Plus they have the personality of a fly hovering around a light bulb.