Is there anyone on gag who really cares about peoples problems on here?

Is there anyone who gives good advice on here. My mother died not long ago and I need someone to give me advice on how to deal with it, but when i posted a question all I got was trolls or sarcastic people giving me answers :( I keep crying all of the time

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are crying a lot, that just means you are human. Crying is part of the healing process. Virtually every one of us will, or already has, gone through this. It just takes time. It WILL heal over time, but there is no way to rush it. It will take it's own course.

You have to allow yourself to grieve. You have to allow yourself to not be your normal self for a while. You also have to give room for others who are also grieving, each in their own way. It can be a trying time for family, so stick with them when they are not acting normal either.

There is no "correct" way to grieve. It's different for everyone. There is also no time line. There is not a time when grieving is over. The grief just fades slowly over time, until it's no longer a daily thought. You have to be strong and let time do it's thing.

Everyone goes through this. It's been going on since the beginning of history. Those of us who have gone before you made it, and so will you. What you are going through is being human. You have the strength. You can keep going. You know your mother would want you to keep going, and you will. Honor her by continuing with your life, and every now and then say "See Mom, I'm doing OK".

It's completely OK to cry. You can cry as much as you want.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been thinking the same thing. People on GaG only answer to silly questions, they don't answer to the serious ones that people actually need help with.

What Guys Said 17

• There are many who care but they are not on all the time. And they cannot answer every question. In your case, a tragedy such as you faced is experienced differently by different people. There is no piece of advice that fits everyone. Generic advice may not do you much good. What is behind your grief that you feel you need advice about?

• Everyone deals with grief differently so it's hard to advise. It's honestly just going to take time. Try to focus on the good times/memories only. Life goes on whether you want it to or not so just try to move on the best you can. Try and stay busy and that will help keep your mind off it. Eventually in time, it will get easier. You'll never forget her of course, but it will be easier. She'll want you to move on and be happy. I hope this helps somewhat.

• There many people as with any site like this that come on to specifically hurt people. They are miserable people and misery loves company. Don't read their comments, react in any way or believe anything they say. On the other side of the spectrum, there are many wonderful people on here that really want to help if they can. I'm willing to do what I can. I don't know if I can help but ill give it the best shot I can. You can message me if you want. Don't be afraid to ask anyone that is willing to try to help. They won't mind.

• I try to help people whenever I can but I'm not sure how helpful I'd be to you since I've never lost anyone close to me

• You can message me anytime if you need someone to talk to and I'll do my best to help you

• I try to give honest help and do care about feelings. Sorry for your loss... i lost my mom last year.

• OMG. That is in my view the hardest pill to swallow; and such a bitter fact about the "circle of life". I am so sorry for your loss.

I hope you get peace at heart and the strength to bear the loss.

• There is no better feeling than praying for the loved ones who have left us. But in today's world, one never feels comfortable giving that advice.

• I try doing my best when thinking of and writing my answer but I rarely go back to the question a day or a few days later to check on things unless the asker replied to me with something.

• I do what I can, when I can. I'm a personal trainer, so I tend to look for posts relating to fitness and diet/nutrition.

• It's important to understand that grieving is a process.
    The best way to deal with it is to identify which stage of the process you are in and act accordingly.
    Condolences for your loss.

• Very sorry to hear of your mother's death. When I was 28, my girlfriend's mother died, and she had a very hard time too. She did see her doctor who put her on antidepressants, which helped. I think there are other alternatives out there, plus some grief counseling would do you a world of good.
    I know it is hard, but you will need to get back into life. Your mother would want you to. I hope the best for you.

• I care, but I'm not sure how I can help!

• I know 2-3 people who always give great advice and like helping people, but I really don't like pulling someone into this if I don't know if they can help or if they wanna spend time on this

• No, theyre the minority. there's lots of caring people on here & you'll find em eventually. Its just luck who sees your question really. Don't give up. Message me if you want someone to talk to. Offer is there. Not everyone can help, but a lot will listen to you ;-D

• I do if they are actually real problems that need to be addressed.

• I'd give good advice if I knew how.

• Does anyone called me?

• here, my shoulder is open if you want to cry on it, thats what friends are for

What Girls Said 4

• Second time I've written this today, oddly enough.

After a death, the survivor goes through five distinct stages of grief.

Denial: This can't be happening
    Bargaining: I'd give anything if this person wouldn't die
    Anger: I can't believe she died and left me here alone
    Sadness: I can't stop crying and thinking of her
    And Acceptance : This will always hurt but I think I can move on now.

Every person goes through these stages differently. Some might fly through the first two only to be stuck at anger for a long time. Others may bounce back and forth between anger and sadness, others may be in a seem ingly endless rut of sadness.

There is no right or wrong way to grieve. No one can tell you you are wrong to feel the way you do, whatever stage you are in.

Some find solace in creativity; they might draw, paint, write poems, write stories or keep a journal. This outward expression of grief can be very cathartic, very helpful and healing.

Talk to whoever you may trust. .. friend, family, church leader (who are usually counselors as well) or therapist.

Again, there is nothing "wrong" with how you are grieving. There is also no set answer how to ease the pain, I'm afraid.

Best wishes to you.

• I don't recommend G@G as a place to find solace with such psychologically trying issues. I recommend getting in touch with a real therapist.

• I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't be of much help though my father pasted away 4 years back & I still grieve.

• I am new here, but I can try