Should I clean out my friends list on Facebook?

After my graduation I approved a lot of friends request because I wanted to keep in touch with a lot of people, but a lot of those people are making me regret having a Facebook to begin with. Have you ever tried cleaning out your Facebook friends list? Did you regret it?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Girl

• I just cleaned out my friend list on Facebook a few weeks ago and ended up unfriending like 200 people hahaha, best decision ever though, it feels so free and literally clean again :)

What Guys Said 5

• Cleaning my friend list took Facebook from something I would take breaks from because it was annoying and would come back to as a habit to something I enjoy.. Why? Less chaos. You see more things you care about.

A few suggestions: Remove people you would never talk to. You can choose to unfollow people who don't post interesting things but you would like to stay friends with. I had 2 or 3 delete sessions going from 800 to 200, with many of those 200 unfollowed. A good size for a social group is around 60 people. That's manageable. Think carefully about who you want to keep up to date with by seeing their statuses, etc in your feed. Who posts interesting news that you would like to continue seeing in your feed? You can also choose to see less from a person, page or group by using the menu arrow at the top right of posts. Try hiding posts you aren't interested in, and seeing less from the source.

This brings me to groups and pages. Don't just follow friends, follow news sources that consistently deliver content that you are interested in and join groups where people share similar interests. Unless you don't want to.

This is how I don't regret using Facebook. Before I cleaned my friend list I regretted using Facebook for all the nonsense I didn't care to see. Thus I do not regret purging all those fake friends.

• I clean it once a month. My policy is, if I dont talk to you at least 1 time in the past two months, and you haven't reached out to me, we really have no reason to keep "in touch" as there is no keeping in touch.

I sometimes get the whole "why did you unfriend me" thing, and I either ignore it or explain it.

• I do that every so often especially if it's people trying to peddle products like It works wraps etc... Or people that do nothing but rant on Facebook

• it is always good to do that I think

• You could just change your notification settings so you don't get any notifications from certain people.

What Girls Said 4

• Cleaning it out is a good idea, yeah. You can also unfollow people so that you're still friends with them but won't see their stuff pop up in your feed.

• Just stay off of there for awhile and when you delete do everyone you don't want at once in the middle of the night or whenever you think they probably are all somewhere else. That way they can't say: "Yes, why? I'm still friends with Ginny on Facebook."

• I have cleaned my friend list many times on FB. Only close friends and family and also people that i won'''t be seeing in a long time are on there. Its a good idea. I mean keeps the notifications on the low. And you don't get posts that you don't give a shit about.

• I just stopped logging in
    Much easier, it's the lazy way :)