Why do people expect so much from women?

Sometimes I get so tired of it. You're never beautiful enough. Never smart enough. Never perfect enough.

No one expects the same things from guys, no one even thinks guys are dumb, ugly or imperfect.

Some of the smartest and prettiest girls feel all of the above, I assure you.

Sometimes I get tired of hearing I'm smart or I'm pretty. Sometimes I just want to hear I'm ugly and dumb. It's like a shield you can hide behind so that no one can see your real self

Most Helpful Guy

• It feels to me like the expectations on guys are higher. Plenty of people thing guys are dumb all the time, in fact in things like tv ads, it's guys who are typically shown as being 'dumb'. And average guys are generally given the impression they are not very attractive... with nothing to console them but the impression that -most- guys are considered not very attractive. But it's not a great feeling.

The reality is that there are huge and complex and unobtainable ideals for both. How you internalize them depends on you.

In your case, you get praise and feel on a treadmill to maintain it, or that's all you are.

While guys get it for different factors, we can understand. TBH, in real life i'm -never- told i'm attractive so... that hurts. But i'm told i'm nice and a good provider and that... and it's... nice... but i want to be wanted as a man as well, not just a useful frigging object.

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys do have expectations to live up to or fail.
    What are you talking about?

And really? You're too smart and pretty? That must be a terrible life! ;_;

• i know lol soooo hard! :P

• @Toad-1 this chick proves how women can't be happy! Ugly? Well, now I'm sad. Pretty? Still sad. Stupid? Sad. Smart? Still sad.

What a horrible life! Lol

What Guys Said 27

• You're ugly and dumb.

Seriously though, you're dumb.

Better?

• Ha! I certainly don't. Dealing with so many all my life has taught me to have virtually no expectations and I still manage to be disappointed by nearly every one I meet which would be impressive if it wasn't so irritating. American women are the worst. Virtually all of the best experiences I've had with girls has been foreign ones where they're raised better.

• And you just set the bar even lower because everything you said is nonsense. My only hope is that you're actually a guy and being a troll.

• Alright, "you're ugly and dumb". Feel better?

I'm sure stuff can be leveraged to make unspoken expectations appear so lofty and unattainable. Whether a man or woman, such expectations can be a hardship.

Our culture has easily allowed for a lot of expectations to be ascribed to women (looks, job, housework, bedroom, etc.). Men may not be so excused from this either, but the emphasis might be more female. Parents and authority figures can add to the amount of expectations.

• Huh? no guys experience a different kind of pressure including what you are talking about. Besides one-upping over the other sex doesn't fix what you have.

• I've discovered the people that bring women down and demand way too much from them are mostly themselves or other women - mothers and female friends. I know in some areas of life women have it harder than men but damn!

• There's just different standards for men. Obviously looks wouldn't be the standard for men, since male looks just aren't as important. The standards would be wealth, work ethic, strength, etc.

• I'm confused 😕

• same man lol what demands all women have to do is look pretty and everything is pretty much given too them

• @skeptic007 yeah. Just look decent like we all do. It's not necessary to spend half your life in front of a mirror. I for one would be relieved if girls would not be so concerned with everything.

• @skeptic007 Amen

• Uh, no.

Women expect much from women. Guys don't expect much from anybody.

• I don't think anyone expects those from you. This is just paranoia.

• Who are these people, guys don't give a shit about expectations so why you saying its our fault for not feeling bad.

This sounds like a personal issue, stop believing the "media."

• look, its true that women have a lot of expectations, but lets not take it to the extreme to say that there are no expectations on men lol. That couldn't be further from the truth

• Your ugly and dumb

• Lol I'm having a blast reading the girls' opinions

• i want nothing from you and there is nothing you can offer me

there you go now you are free from expecting anything from you :)

• Guys suffer from self consciousness also. I don't personally but it is very common. The only guys looking for the "perfect girls" are usually players who care little 4 your heart but only your body.

• You are dumbest ugly piece of shit ever , retard

• umm question from mans prospective, why is there no ending to female expectations wouldn't made sense?

• what.. that is entirely untrue.

There are plenty of dumb, ugly, or imperfect guys and women know it and strive to find the "perfect guy" .

Honestly, get over yourself.. be glad that you are smart and/or pretty and people see it.

• why do wemen expect so much of guys?

• Sorry.. I too expect so much..

• they dont?

• Why do people expect so much from people in general?
    Seriously, there are so many silly expectations depending on things that shouldn't matter: race, gender, stature, age, the list goes on!

• Christ just get a sex change then...

• To be honest I think it's the other way around. I think people expect more from Guys than Girls. All you girls have to do is look pretty that's not that hard. Like Skeptic007 said and then you get everything you want. Like sex or a job and it's bullshit.

• Thank women Lib. For the unrealistic expectations young Lady. They started this ball rolling

• I expect nothing from them, or anyone else.

• You're ugly and dumb... happy?

What Girls Said 8

• Maybe you should talk to a therapist about these feelings.

• I don't get it... In the first line you're complaining that you're expected to be perfect... And your last sentences you're crying about how you're complimented and you want to be called ugly and dumb?

What the elf? :/. Perhaps you are the last word on that, because I fail to see the logic in this...

It just proves how girls are never satisfied with anything...
    I mean, I don't wish to be a guy... Bud damn, most girls are sooooo annoying 😖🙉🙉🙈🙊

• Its the media and society!

• You're dumb and ugly.

• tbh, same with men.
    And people do expect things from them too

• that is in your head.

• The hardest thing about being a guy is the high expectations.
    The hardest thing about being a girl is the low expectations.

• I really agree.