My girlfriend is getting abused by her parents. What should I do?

We are both 16 years old and my girlfriend is getting abused everyday and today I saw a her faces with a mark. They hit her. I don't know what to do. I can't call child support because I don't want her to spend her rest years in an "institute". I want to help her. She asked me for more space. She actually said that her parents asked for more space between me and her. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Report it. You may not want her to go away but would you rather her just stay in a household of abusive parents? Think of her wellbeing, not what you want.

• Yes but our relationship might end if I do so.

• Key word: "might". You don't know. But are you really going to let her stay where she is because of that?

Most Helpful Guy

• DFCS doesn't automatically take the child unless the child is found in horrible conditions, they get called in the first time and they check... like my neighbor... This normally gives the parents a wake up call, however if they keep getting called. The child is taken from their custoy. However would you rather have her spend 2 years in a foster care instead of being abused from her parents... my mother was a dfcs officer. Personal I say bring this up with ur parents

• Any solution that won't end our relationship?

What Girls Said 2

• Report it. Her going away is better than her being abused, isn't it? Even if your relationship ends, if you actually care about her you'll put her safety before your feelings.

• call the police?

What Guys Said 0