How can you tell if someone doesn't want to get too close to you?

I don't understand it sometimes. I am a smart girl, pretty too but I do find that I don't have a lot of friends.

I think it's because I don't have a lot of friends and the other person picks up on this, so they don't think they can get social contacts out of me.

What Guys Said 1

• Well... you might have a lot of "acquaintances" but actual friends, not really. real friends are hard to find... period.

• I don't even have acquaintances lol.

I think it's also because University is actually not an easy place to be friends with people. Most people use each other in some way or form, so it's more of a partnership than a friendship

• welcome to Life darling.

What Girls Said 2

• They'll distance themselves from you , and never initiate contact. If they do talk to you, then they will be very superficial with you.

• Take initiative to invite some possible friend candidates for happy hour, a movie or something.