Am I the only one who thinks University is not an ideal place to be friends with another person?

I feel that because it's at the end of the day a place of studies/work, most friendships consist of people using other people.

When you're friends with someone who is in a different career than you for example, (outside of University), you can be friends with each other because your lives don't really inter-relate/it's two people who live different lives coming together for company.

University is a place where everyone is inter-connected and everyone is mostly judgmental or stressed with all the work. It's not the way they promote it in the movies where it's a great place to make friends.

Does anyone agree/disagree?

What Guys Said 3

• No, I was at university and the people I got to know weren't really judgmental at all. It depends on the people you surround yourself with. This was a problem in high school, but not in Univ for me.

• I went to business school so I guess it may be a bit different, but I noticed that in other faculties too. People shit-talking about one another, ditching one another... it was so different than the awy it was in the movies

• That happens too, but it depends on the group. I tried avoiding that group.

• Uh... No

• Lmaooo. gdis gonna gdi

What Girls Said 0