How is lodging decided at summer camps?

I was planning on going to a summer camp this year, but I've never been to one. How are sleeping arrangements decided/assigned? I'm asking because I'll be going with my friend and we'd like to stay in the same room.

What Guys Said 2

• It depends on the camp. I was in the Boy Scouts and when we would do our annual camp, each troop was assigned a block of cabins. We usually kept our patrols in the same cabin or adjoining cabins within the block, but it was decided by the campers where they wanted to stay. But they had to stay within our assigned block of cabins.

• The camp I went to just had one big room with cot like beds on both sides of the walls. You just picked out a spot. You could ask someone to trade if you wanted your buddy next to you.
    I'm sure you can ask the camp counselor or whomever that you'd both like to be in the same room/cabin or ask someone to trade & notify the counselor.

What Girls Said 0