GAGgers, Have you ever cut yourself while chopping veggies or fruits 🍅🍆🍍🍉?

LAWD!!! I know I have. So many damn times... It happpend again today. CURSE YOU CELERY. You-stupid- long- green- stick- Piece of shiiiiii... never mind.

Anways, I was chopping...

Sliced my thumb... AND now i have a mummified Thumb! which hurts like shit.

Your turn Ladies and Gents :)
Thank you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup. This time last night I was cutting, well, celery actually! and i nicked just the tip of my left index finger.

Worst was when I was working at a deli, though! I had cut a guy a pound of turkey, and after putting it on the scale, went back to do one more slice. ONLY time I ever cut myself on the deli slicer! top of the finger above my finger nail, clean off! That's all skin, so it grew back, but GOD DAMN DID THAT HURT!

Had to throw out that last chunk of turkey, bandage up my finger, and have someone come back and finish wrapping the guy's order (which I had completed before I cut myself, so no problem there, thankfully). Customer never knew I cut myself. Taking apart, sanitizing, cleaning, drying, and reassembling a deli slicer with a finger that HURTS and is heavily bandaged is a pain in the ass to do, by the way.

• @ksoma Now i feel like a kid compared to what you had to go through. I'm grinding my teeth just imagining the pain you had to go through dude! so i'm guessing you didn't go to the hospital? SEE!! celery is friken evil... #stupidgreensticks

• roflmao
      nah, finger tips don't bleed very much, and that tiny piece of skin just grows back, so hot water, wrap tight, and keep it in a bandage for a few days until it no longer stings when exposed to air.
      Heals without even a scar.
      Stung a LOT thought!
      But I'm not going to let clumsy hands keep me from lunch meat. Or celery.

• @ksoma If i ever do that! i will keep it in mind. You just taught me something new dude. Thank you. So when that does happen (i know it will) i won't freak out and try to go to the hospital! :P lmfao. :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 45

• Sure but the worst cut I got was in a closet cutting carpet padding so I could paint the base board, in the dark I couldn't see that the carpet blade was double sided and I pressed down on it to cut the padding and then cut myself to the bone, had to press hard against my leg to stop the bleeding then filled said wound with super glue which I think was worse.

• HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!! jeez that sounds so painful dude. I would have died... did you get stitches though?

• @raio81597 Damn! s'okay no pain no gain! Im going to keep that in mind. I keep learning from you! I like it 8)

• I'm a walking Encyclopedia, in case you haven't noticed. lol :) I'm happy to teach, it keeps my skills sharp.

• only once.

cutting an orange when i was a little kid, i pointed the blade straight into the orange i was holding and it went clean through as i thrusted it hard inside and came out the other end where my open palm got sliced.

• :O :O omg I would've died

• @Tomboy_Cool never get caught! the way of the ninja

• O right 🙏🏼

• I even cut myself on the lid of a can of soup that I opened. :-(

• Not by accident.

• i5.walmartimages.com/.../...12-083febcd7558.v1.jpg

I cut my finger while opening a can of nacho cheese. I had to hurry up and put a band aid on my boo boo. I thought I was going to die.

• I'm very good with cutting fruits and vegetables. No blood dripping here. lol ☺

• DUDE pass your magic onto me -.- I should just cut with a butter knife now! LMFAO even though it's probably not going to cut well.

• @coolbreeze No worries! Takes your magic!! It's funny i've been cooking for so long but i still get cut! Hhahah guess it's just apart of my craziness ;) you'll just have to teach me :) I will try not too!! Or else i won't be able to type. That's not fun at all -.-

• @This_is_my_username. Wow that is nice you been cooking for a long time. That is very impressive.😀 That sucks that you still get cut. But it shows your really into what your cooking.😀Lol one day I have to show you the magic of not getting cut.😀Im very glad you can still type.😀 I agree it hurts to type with cuts on hands and fingers. Besides knife cuts papper cuts hurt pretty bad to.

• Back when I was like... in middle school was the last time that I remember. Don't do much cutting when cooking things so I just rarely get a chance to slice myself.

• I've only ever cut myself once I think and it was a very minor cut. I do a lot of cooking and cutting so it becomes second nature after a while. You really get use to aligning the blade accurately.

Just practice on alignment and eventually you be just like the pros

• Thank you! i will work on that. I guess i need to practice before jumping into things. Like no one can be Gordon Ramsey at first try!!! :)

• I've cut myself chopping produce before, I've been cooking for 22 years so an accident is bound to happen. :-P

• No have not yet but my father had so many cuts on fingers cooking for us throughout my life. #LoveUPapa 👩‍👩‍👧‍👦👩‍👩‍👧‍👦

• Oh yeah I have but the worst up ever cut myself was I was cleaning my first deer when I was 14 and I was excited and I cut one of the tips of my fingers on my hand like off. It bled like crazy. Got stitched and all that. I have no scar at all.

• U remind me of this x_x piranha bites doode finger off at 3:30 basturd bit me
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JI3LXRqbDdM

• @Tomboy_Cool that's exactly how it was with me but the bite was higher on my finger. There was a flap and everything lol. Thank God it wasn't my trigger finger too! Lolol first thing a redneck says.

• I do actually have a very small scar. It's not really even a scar, just a light color on the tip. Just before the nail starts. I don't know how I got it in such an awkward spot cuz the scar is away from my body and underneath. ? Beats me. Dumb ass 14 year old.

• No I really watch myself and know Its a trip to the ER if I get going fast and to hard

• Not 1 not 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 times

• If I have, it's been a long time, and it wasn't severe enough to remember. I've got some bad burns while cooking though.

• I can't cook... So no 😝

• That gid is quite intimidating... i had some, but the last one was some time back, i can't remember when.

But i do remember of one potato that really go bad...

• @Orangeboy potatoes are evil but i love em. Hhahhaha i wanted the most intimidating gif i could find :) glad you haven't cut yourself to bad after that one potato :P

• Yeah, when you're learning knife skills you learn quickly and painfully.

• Yeah, I'm bad when cutting fruits and veggies, but I'm way worse when I'm cleaning fish.
    You'd think I'd be better by now but god do I slice myself up.

• I once cut when I was cutting potato... it got slipped from my hand and I got cut after that never happened that again

• Meh a couple times, it's no big deal though it happens.

• yes a few times, have been working in restaurant and chopping veggies and fruits has to go quick and then you easily make mistakes

• Yes it hurts. But sometimes it doesn't hurt as much since u don't see it coming.

Veggies are evil! Don't trust them!

• ^this is legit good info^ veggies are evil and they want to retaliate against us for chopping them up and eating them.
      ;)

• So this is how the world is ending😱😂! We must stand together and fight against them! 👊

• Probably at some point

• Only lemons cause lemons are EVIL

• no, but I cut my hand once doing the dishes

• I worked in many restaurants before I went to Construction. I'll just say this: Put your knuckles forward!!

• Thank you! Dude. I will try :P

• seriously though :) By that I meant bend your fingers! It can save you... wow I just realized that those restaurant days were some of the best days of my life!!!

• Nah, I did when I was 15-16 but that was the last time.

• stapled my finger once

• Nope. I'm pretty good at chopping the food and not my fingers

• yeah its happened lol :/

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 34

• My sister and I were drunk together and she told me she wanted french fries. But she wanted me to cut them because I was "less drunk." She didn't have a fry cutter so being the genius she was, she gave me the sharpest knife possible and had me HAND CUT THEM. Sliced my finger and got blood all over them and all over the floor.

• Not yet, thankfully, but I always get paranoid and think of all the wrong things that could go wrong whenever I'm using or even just holding a knife, like dropping it and having it stab my feet, nicking a finger, or worse, cutting one off and having blood gushing out all over - just all sorts of things really. It happens too even when it's someone else using the knife. 🙈

• @TheINTJ omg i thought i was the only one!!! I get paranoid too. Especially since i am a klutz and so i always fear that i drop the knife and it ends up stabbing my feet. I mean how are you suppose to even explain that to the doc!! LOL :)

• Sooooooo many times. I hate it even more when I cut my nail though x_x then I have to trim alllll of them down.

• Yeah I was 16 I think or 17... I was cutting a watermelon and I had a bad feeling about it, but I continued anyway and cut my left index finger open. I have a scare, but it blend's in with the other lines's. It was so deep I had to hold my finger to the left to stop the bleeding even though that seemed to make it worse.

• @Afro-dite9 Do you hate watermelons now? I bet it was painful I mean shit! I cringe just thinking about it. Cut is better then Whole sometimes lool. #WatermelonProblem

• Lmao nope I love watermelon's 🍉🍉🍉🍉 I'll never hate them, but I did play with my wound a lot. I showed it off like a battle scare in high school☺it was big enough that it was a hole, but overtime it closed and just left a mark that looks like a line @this_is_my_username

• No I try my best!

• I was trying to peel a spaghetti squash with a vegetable peeler and it was being quite stubborn. Me being the idiot I am, I started to peel the squash towards me, it worked great, right up until I sliced my thumb, right under the nail and almost took the nail clean off. My God did that hurt.

• Yeah I have, I work in a kitchen so lol. I was peeling a butternut squash one time, and managed to peel into my nail. Like I made a vertical cut into it. Bled all over the place but had to suck it up, rinse it, put on a band-aid and keep going haha.

• @lumos OH my god. I see that stuff on food network ya know? but golly that must have throbbed and hurt like hell! But you're a trooper. Unlike Me. I was bitching and couldn't stop even when i got the band-aid on me! :P

• Lmao if I had been at home I would have started bitching like hell :D but you can't do that in front of customers obviously hahaha. It hurt like a bitch for sure.

• yeah a few times. I'm usually careful though.

• I get uncomfortable just watching people chop veggies that way. I've seen enough horror movies to understand how badly one too many chops can ruin you.

• Yes I have

• Yes, I have, but not too bad thankfully. *Knocks on wood.*

• I'm probably the most careful person when it comes to chopping food. I don't remember cutting myself before. Whenever I'm chopping something my mom will be like " careful your fingers!" or " careful or you'll cut yourself!" and then I get extra cautious about it. I would hate if it ever happens to me, so I always treat chopping fruits & veggies like rocket science or something.

• Hahahha, Your mum sounds like mine. Keep doin what your doing though.. Getting cut hurts like a bi**h and sometimes looks like a crime scene occurred in the kitchen. LOOL! :)

• no but I cut my hand several times while doing models.
    once it was so bad I even reached my vein and I had it closed :/

• yes I have.. :/

• I was opening a tin and it happened

• Not while slicing anything, but I did cut my finger on a cheese grater.

• Happens almost everytime.. especially when I am cutting chicken...
    UGGH... 😫😫😓🍊🍉🍓

• Yes I have. It hurts like hell, and I cut deep once and the bleeding wouldn't stop for like an hour. Probably should have went to get a stitch, but nah lol

• Nope! I cook a lot and I'm clumsy so that's surprising Lol but I've seen my best friend cut her thumb real bad but chopping up avocados!

• It happens all the time, I'm such a mess :(

• Nope. Not yet lmao It's bound to happen sometime lol

• Yup. Maybe 2 or 3 times. I also cut myself trying to cut pie and another time trying to get ice cream out of a bucket._.

• nope i have amazing hand eye coordination :D

• Yes more times then I wish to remember. None were to extreme though.

• I have accidentally cut myself a lot of times, cutting onions. Can't see anything through the tears.

• Hahaha yeah many times

• 1|0
  • Yes I was chopping tomatoes and sliced a piece of my skin off 😖

• Haha not fruits or veggies when I was cutting bread it happened just small cut

• Not yet but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Lol.

• More from Girls
    4