Have you ever read a Shakespeare play in class?

Most Helpful Girl

• We have to read Romeo and Juliet for Hungarian class and learn 15 lines from whatever play we want from Shakespeare.
    That book is horrible. 😷

• Learning the 15 lines sound like fun. And that is cool it's from any play. I would pick the easiest one. If you ever get the chance they have some cool romeo and juliet movies. One of my favorite ones is the Leonardo DiCaprio version.

• Thanks for MHO. ☺

• Your very welcome. 😀

Most Helpful Guy

• I've acted a Shakespeare play , and yes I've read a Shakespeare play in class million times before but now we arw on Anthony hope so

What Girls Said 14

• I've read Romeo and Juliet, Othello, Macbeth and A Midsummer Night's Dream. My favourite was Othello <3

• Lol nice. I read all of those. And I saw movie adaptations of all of those to.

• Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet is hilarious :P I loved the Laurence Fishburn version of Othello.

• Lol I seen that version of romeo and juliet that one was good. I liked the Leonardo DiCaprio romeo and juliet to. I seen the Laurence fishbourne Othello and it was very good. I seen other variations to that were interesting.

• Yes! Othello, Hamlet, Macbeth and Romeo and Juliet.

• Only othello!

• I have.

• Yes, I read several Shakespearean plays in high school.

• Yeah, the ones I've read in class are Romeo and Juliet, Taming of the Shrew, A Midsummer's Night Dream, Much Ado About Nothing, Hamlet, Macbeth, Othello, and Measure for Measure

• Nice 😀. You even read ones I never heard of. Wow they made you read a lot in school.

• Yes I have, plenty of times :)

• Yes. Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar, Othello, Hamlet, Macbeth, and A Midsummer Night's Dream

• Yup, last year Romeo & Juliet. And crazy enough just today we started Hamlet!

• Yeah

• yes ain't they a bitch to read

• Yup. Spent the whole time translating the damn thing

• yes why?

• Just curious? Did you enjoy reading it?

• Sorry for the late reply, I was locked out of my computer. Yes i did enjoy reading them. My class read them in play form which was fun.

• That is ok. That sucks you was locked out of your computer. Im glad you was able to log in again. Yes reading them in class is always fun. I even watch some movies in class in play form.

• yeah, lots. othello, romeo, hamlet, twelfth night, idr if i read others haha.

What Guys Said 14

• Yep, in school I have read Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, Taming of the Shrew, The Tempest, and Hamlet. We may have read one or two more but I can't recall.

I actually reread Romeo and Juliet on my own though recently. It is great inspiration for lyrics and also songwriting in general. It has some dark and heavy themes. Pretty awesome stuff.

• Loads.
    My favorite play is A comedy of errors. And my favorite sonnet is 130.

• Hope we didn't have those kinds of classes in my school I have however read plenty of Shakespeare's work on my own time.

• Yeah I have, I literally impersonated Sir Patrick Stewart and aced it.

• Yup, I read Romeo & Juliet & Macbeth in high school

• i'm pretty sure everyone has. i read like 5 between middle school and high school

• Yes I have.

• Yes, I hated it.

• Yeah, Macbeth.

• Just Romeo and Juliet.

• No, and don't think we ever will.

• i did it where shakespeare was born

• yeah romeo and julliet, mcbeth and some others :)

• Yepp, English is my third language, so I read a few in English classes.

The first time I read one of his plays, I couldn't get my head around it - didn't know, a few pages in, what the heck it was about, and I thought it was boring as he** ... so I got a translated version (in my native language), and I actually understood it, and much to my surprise, I really liked it. And I read both versions together for also the next few plays, and I also liked them.

Now I would much prefer novels than plays (by anyone)