Are canned fruits healthy?

I love eating these but I'm not sure if they are healthy. Other sites says it is while others differ so what do you think?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• if its in syrup no however i think that it looses nutrients while in a can but i could be wrong

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all. Next time have a look at how much sugar is in one serving

What Guys Said 4

• Most of the nutrition in that stuff has been zapped a long time ago. And there's also the issue of added sugars/syrups, as well as BPA-lined cans.

• frozen fruits and veg are the most healthy, unless you can pick it right from the plant and eat it that is.

• Even if she ate it right after the factory canned it, the high heat from processing destroys some nutrients along with there being toxic bpa in most cans. But yeah there would be some nutrition. That's a funny visual though lol.

• @cavmanier exactly, canned isn't the way to go if you can avoid it.

• fresh fruid is more healthy for you

• Canned things are for survival not for beliefgrowing healthy

What Girls Said 3

• I think so.

• Fresh or frozen fruits are the way to go. Canned stuff has syrup/added sugars to it but it's ok once in awhile I wouldn't eat it everyday though.

• I think fresh fruits are healthier.