Do you love your job?

Why or why not? What do you do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am an attorney and I love practicing law but I hate running a business. If someone else managed the business aspects for me, I would be deliriously happy.

• I love it because I get to use my knowledge of the law, my skills as a strategist, and my abilities as a counselor to help people not to simply understand their rights, but to determine what is the right thing to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do love my job! I've worked hard over the last five years to build a business, and now I'm finally able to run it and be self-employed in publishing as an editor. Does paying an additional 15% self-employment tax and buying my own health insurance suck? Sure. But the reward of getting to know my clients, choosing who to work with and who not to, and getting to read fascinating things from every genre imaginable make it worth it.

What Guys Said 33

• I'm a grad student. I like my job, but the pay is lousy. After I graduate that will supposedly change, though..

• I do love my job.

I am an attorney, and I love solving problems and helping people. I can do what most people can't or won't, and I get to fight with a very small likelihood of physical injury.

Because of what is at stake, I am sometimes terrified, and I don't always win. But without that risk, there just isn't as much satisfaction from victory.

• It's gotten a lot better. I've been with them over a month now after being unemployed for 3 months. At first it sucked due to the commute when I took the train, it was like 4 hours due to the train schedule and my work. Then when I started driving I didn't mind it as much.

The last 2 weeks have been hell as I was expected to know everything about everything within the job while doing 20 things at once and would get yelled at if I messed up on little tidbits of the job even though i knew 95% of the job.

Today was a huge improvement though.

• What do I do? Well I'm the C. E. O. and Art Director of a Special FX Company.
    Do I love my job? Yes... Why?
    1. I get to talk to new interns every month and share my experience with them.
    2. I get to work on films & commercials other 3D Artists would give an arm or leg for.
    3. I get to take vacations when I WANT to, tho I hardly do it >.<
    4. I get invited to film festivals which are usually fun and when I get the chance, talk to new 3D Artists interested in getting into film.
    5. Oh and lastly, I'm the boss
    So there, I think I like my job XD

• I'm not a porn star or rock star, so no lol. Truth be told though, I don't. but it's out of my control because in South Africa, if you white, you have a 1/10 chance of getting a job, yet alone a job you like. You are not allowed to be poor in South Africa. So I got a great job in corporate banking for the cash. But I had an opportunity to escape by getting sponsored in Australia. So I took a managerial position in an industry I hate. But I'm almost done with my contract. Then I'm free. Slavery still exists lol

• I am currently looking for a job. Hope I find one soon.

• Hey, do you mind answering one of my questions if you are ok with it?

• I love my job. I'm unemployed.

• Well, I won't say I love it, but it's not that bad also.

• it isn't about loving your job, for me it is about one thing.

money

i work somewhere where i just make enough to live in my small apartment alone. at the end of every month i only have 150 to 200 dollars left if i dont spend it on junk like i usually do.

So it doesn't matter if i love my job or not, it keeps me alive so i have no choice

• Yes and no, depending on what kinda job it is. For instance, I work in sales and your attitude, effort, and motivation is everything to be successful. If you're not enthusiastic and seem to have a bad attitude then it'll have an effect on your performance which could get you fired if you don't meet quota. For the longest time, even though I was trying, how I tried kept me from getting more sales as I was told I was monotone.

• @bloodmountain1990 i work sales somewhat too at a hardware store, we dont really have a quota to meet but when ever i do meet a customer i try to act as happy as possible. (not creepily so) but in a way where it seems like i enjoy helping the customer. I have gotten pretty good at it.

• Right. Customer service is the biggest part of any job. If you're shitty towards customers then they won't be customers anymore. Comcast should take note of that.

• Not really. I feel as though the owners don't have people skills, and the entire workplace is very unprofessional: that's ok to a certain degree, but when it stretches into petty office bickering, it's just unacceptable.
    I am a department manager at a computer memory refurbishing company.

• Usually yeah, it's pretty rewarding too

• I have to find someone willing to hire me first. Was a diesel mechanic for over 20years then started building C and C machines where I was hurt now I am no longer able to to the same things do to torn cartilage in both hips. And constant pain

• Yeah cause there's this dude at my work who is hilarious. The Filipinos gang up on him because he's lazy and has a foul mouth

• Yeah other then the pay it's a great job, no complaints for the most part.

• Yes, I love my job

• Yes.

• I do, very much so! Because I get to do what I love (marketing) in a field that is challenging (biotechnology.) I get to talk to really smart folks all day long!

• My unemployment exhausted

• still student...

• Yes.
    I'm unemployed.
    I get more money from unemployment funds every week than I could eat earn every month.

• I pour coffee for $11.30 an hour.

Someone somewhere is doing more work for less pay so I can't complain too much.

• hate my volly job, and paid job. looking for something new to do. I need a change

• Yes I do

I park people's cars

• Oh hell yeah, It's what I've always wanted to do. I'm a Database Administrator.

• Yes.

• Yeah, it's a good field. I maintain buildings and equipment for elderly assisted living communities.

• Not very, but I will love my future jobs. The money-maker jobs.

• my job nope the career i am working towards yes

• What job. ¡ _ ¡

• No I'm a Columbian drug lord

• More from Guys
    3

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 14

• I so do! I began working at this place when I was 16 as a hostess and bussing tables. Worked up from that to waitress then on to head waitress and from there to bartender. Today I am the Manager of the entire place with two assistant managers under me. This place has been like family to me and even years ago when like a dumb ass I followed a dick boyfriend up to Illinois only to find him with another girl. I came back with my tail between my legs and head down and they gave me that second chance.

• I love caring for people being as I am a nanny and caregiver. But retail is so hard people are lazy as fuck and annoying at that.

• No. I love the majority of the people I work with, which is bad because it's making me hesitant to find a better job and leave.

• Hell yea! I get to help others and see them rise from the ashes at times. It's a very rewarding thing too see. Especially when you know that you had some part in their recovery. I'm a per-support worker ;)

• For the most part, I do.

• It's alright. I'm a cashier but I don't like talking to people. Most of my co-workers are really nice. Manager's nice and I have a REALLY good stance on my schedule. Pretty much every day I ask off for I get no questions asked. I show up really early sometimes (usually accidents) and they don't complain of I clock in early. The most was an hour early I believe. Two days in a row. The only part I don't like is talking to people and it gets kind of boring after a while.

• I do love it. It's challenging and we'll see where it takes me. No regrets so far

• i used to.
    not anymore.

• I like my job just not my current employer.

• Yeah my job currently is being a student

• I'm beginning to hate it so no

• I dislike my job VERY strongly.

• Yes, I love my job :)

• Yeah i love.