My dad passed away resintly to a rare cancer he had battled for 6 years how you cope with lusing a parent that died?

how did you cope with lusing a parent that died? my dad died resintly from a rare cancer called cutaneous lymphoma mycoises fungicides

I'm sorry to hear that

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to simply go through the motions, but don't forget to be kind to yourself.

• i won't forget

• thanks for the suggestion I have one hobbie that I do witch is coloring and drawing on my iPad and uploading my art work as videos on Younow and YouTube

• Excellent, perhaps you can do that, i know a lot of friends who have gotten into drawing, though never on the ipad. Sounds interesting :)

Most Helpful Girl

• My mum past away three years ago from cancer. She didn't want a funeral either. But we had a gathering at my parents place with food and drinks. I didn't want to go because I thought that it was going to be sad. But it wasn't. Everyone had great ( funny) stories to tell. It was so nice to see friends and family that we hadn't seen in a while make an effect to come and see us all and offer support. In terms of with coping with loss. Everyone copes with it differently. I found the best way to deal with it was to let myself feel that lost, and then focus on a positive aspects of my life. my mum left me a note that I was given when she passed that said 'stop crying and focus on happy thoughts- your whole life is ahead of you. Don't waste it'. Those words were comforting!

What Guys Said 9

• Pink, I'm so sorry to hear this.

I think that the best thing that you can do for right now is to spend time with your family and cherish your father's memory.

I think something that would be helpful would be that after the funeral, you take a trip somewhere. Not somewhere super-fancy or expensive. Just somewhere within four or so hours away from where you live. After the dust settles at home, spend a few days away from the immediate situation. Not so that you can forget about (you won't), but just so you can have some rest from it.

I have not yet experienced the pain of losing a parent, so I unfortunately can't be of more help than that. Simply know that you and your family are in my prayers throughout the week.

• thanks and before dad passed away he said he never wanted a funeral so he he wanted a manorial and a mamorele is what he's going to have and I'm not going to it cause it'll be to sad for me

• I really think you should. It's your last chance to say goodbye to the first man who loved you and loved you unconditionally and consistently. It'll be a chance for you to immediately experience all the love and support from those around you. That's what you need more than anything right now. I can see how it would be difficult, that's part of a father's responsibility: to teach his children how to be resilient, to face difficulties head-on. Wouldn't it be great for all his friends and family to see how his life and spirit carries on in you in such a time?

• see when he was in the hospital he couldn't really talk so I didn't miss much

• hey im sorry to hear that. i lost my mother to cancer last year. For me, i just continued to live my life and enjoy my moments. Your dad, if he loved you, wouldn't want you to put yourself on hold because of him not being there anymore. My mother lived her life and her time had passed. My time will soon pass too, but until then enjoy life and do the things that make you happy and fulfilled

• thanks and I'm sorry to hear that

• My dad died right in front of me when i was 6 what i did was play guitar

• Nothing can fill the gap that losing your parents create, but still the best thing to forget about something is to do something that you are completely in. parents always want ro see their kids happy so do something that makes you happy don't spend too much time alone at least for few months, spend time with friends and learn something new as it draws your focus, I am so sorry to hear about your dad pink you can share your feelings anytime with me, I hope you feel relax, God bless you.

• I have a therapist and psychiatrist. It's something that everyone should do if they go through the loss of a loved one. Both my mother and father died in the same year of 2011 and it caused some serious PTSD to the point where I have nightmares every single night.
    Find a professional.

• oh I'm sorry to that and that's good you go to a therapist I went one time resintly but I didn't like it as much as talking to a therapist on the 7cupsoftea website

• My dad passed away last year after fighting cancer and beating it 10 years bak, You ddon'tcope with it. He's still watching u from better place waiting for you all to join him soon and continue yalls journey. I don't get sad about him because I know I'd meet him again when I die, Don't be in for long time Be in for good time OP

• aww.. that's one of the best opinions I've seen you posting here.. <3

• @ElissaDido thanks

• Don't worry OP, he's in better place right now watching you. Show him you happy so he can smile too, it wasn't last time we saw our dads. Gonna join em soon, Till that just keep pushin

• Sorry for your loss. Surround yourself with people that love you and support you, that'll help you through it

• i'm sorry for your loss, try to do any thing that you think your father like it and make him proud of you

• I don't know. eight years ago he lost one day. nice surprise :)

What Girls Said 2

• I'm really sorry for your loss. I've been in the same situation and I know there's not much anyone can say to make you feel better. Just remember it's ok to be sad and to cry but life goes on and I'm sure your dad would've wanted you to move on, be happy and to know that he's not suffering anymore and can finally rest in peace.

• I am sorry to learn about the passing of your father. My condolences to you and your family. Stay strong and talk to people when you need someone.