How do you stop yourself crying?

I just can't stop crying, even when I try to distract myself I just start again.

🌸
🌺

Most Helpful Guy

• I may sound mean, but crying is really your body way to let go your pain...
    So, don't try to avoid it, make it get out of you, dodn't fight it.

It's done to make us feel better after... : (

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh I am so sorry
    I usually do the following!!!
    -Homework
    -anime
    -Movies about horror
    -eat Ben and Jerry cookies and milk ice cream
    -Eat my feelings
    -cook
    -go for a run
    -walk as far as you can
    -read a book
    -talk to someone or just yourself
    -go seek help!
    Source: I use to cry all the time! And than I found out why it hurt and fix it!

What Guys Said 11

• i just don't cry.

and I'm not saying that disrespectfully.

• Hmm i start drawing or better yet hold my breath

• I don't I either run out of tears which did happen after my first break up, or I just eventually stop, usually when I watch Yuru Yuri it helps

• I would say man up, but irony..

• When my uncle died, I cried fir weeks if I think about him too much I can cry daily even 3 years later. The thing that helps me is sleep

I read
    Nap
    Video game
    Go for a walk

Anything to get my mind off of his death

• dont hold it back let it out you are crying for a reaosn so just let it out ;O

• Watch some House MD

• By stopping it.

• i can somehow control my crying but sometimes if i rage out something and i start crying i go to my room and put my head in my pillow and just cry but sometimes i just start playing games for like 6 hours lol.

• I can't stop myself whenever I'm alone. Whenever I see a person or hear them coming I naturally stop crying. Don't know why. It just happens. Sometimes I try to hear voices to check if my parents or sister are near and it kinda helps. I stop crying most of time by just trying to hear people coming even when no one is coming.

• Thanks 😊

• But crying is good, just let it all out. Unless you have to stop crying because of some reason.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 10

• When I cry. It's with everything bundled up inside me. It's not just on one thing. So when I cry I can't stop myself, but I can if I'm around someone. Just when I'm alone I let it out, I just let it all out, it's better to let it out. It feels much better to just let it out. It's good to cry.

• If you're at home, it's good to cry. Just let it out. You don't want those feelings to build up, and being alone at home is the perfect time to let them out. If you're angry, punch a pillow. I usually calm down after doing that.
    However, if you're in public or a place you shouldn't cry, my best advice would be to look up at the ceiling and blink your eyes a lot. Maybe turn and face a wall real quick so that nobody can see you. I had to do that today in class. I felt the tears, so I turned around, bat my eyes, and the tears left. It's also good to say, "Hey, this isn't the place to cry. Cut it out." (You know... to your mind, I guess, because that totally works. 100% legit.) :P

• I don't. haha. I'll just end up crying later when something else upsets me if I hold it in. And then it'll be about more than one thing and it would be ridiculous lol.

• I just tell myself "don't cry Mia" and also if I'm with my friends they will hug me and if you have a best friend or a boyfriend you can always tell them and let it all out to them that's what I find is best for me, also hugs from my boyfriends helps as well

• Try to get around others? I know that makes me want to stop crying and not draw attention to myself.

• So just go into a room and just cry til you laugh.

• Until I have no tears no more
    Or until I have found the cause of why I'm crying and what I can do about it to solve the problem

• I can't solve the problem though, that's why I'm upset

• Go ahead, tell me the story in a message in private, I'll listen

• If you can't solve the problem, you have to accept it and let it go.

• I can never seem to stop when I'm alone so I always try to surround myself with people who make me laugh when I know I'm having a bad day and ready to break. Sending love sweetie hope you feel better ♥

• watching comedy

• U really just let ur feelings out I usually do this in the woods alone..